"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
It works, I think. It's a very cute design and a bit more distinct than Panther's Quest Shuri. One of the movie adaptations that really works for me. I'm feeling like a Black Panther fanboy the more that I think of the original designs from that movie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I wonder how her personality or portrayal in this will compare to how she's depicted in Panther's Quest. Will she come off younger, maybe?

The version on Panther's Quest felt like a melding of comic and movie Shuri while this seems more MCU-based.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Looking forward to the special. I kind of wish Doreen wasn't always the one bonding with new recruits though. Nothing against her but I'd like to see some of the others having those sorts of interactions sometimes. Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong and others have had the opportunities but Doreen's personality can just be a little overpowering when she does it.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Just a quick correction about the GLAAD article posted on the last page that seemingly confirmed more Marvel Rising. Noticed the date it was published was in February 2018. What they were teasing there might happen in "Playing with Fire" (or even "Operation Shuri" since it hasn't premiered yet). If it doesn't, then I guess there will indeed be more, but we'll find out after the final special announced so far debuts.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Just a quick correction about the GLAAD article posted on the last page that seemingly confirmed more Marvel Rising. Noticed the date it was published was in February 2018. What they were teasing there might happen in "Playing with Fire" (or even "Operation Shuri" since it hasn't premiered yet). If it doesn't, then I guess there will indeed be more, but we'll find out after the final special announced so far debuts.
I could kind of see it popping up in "Playing with Fire" since America is one of the focal characters and the only LGBTQ member of the team (as of this writing).

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I've thought this series might have been over a couple of times already and they're surprised me oh, so I wouldn't rule it out but Marvel Studios/Entertainment/Television/Family Entertainment is in such a big transitional period right now that there's no telling what may or may not happen.

I wouldn't mind if they did another movie, though I wish they could use Gwenny in one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I guess the future of Marvel Rising depends a lot on Feige, but another incentive would be whether the merchandise and Youtube videos have done well for them.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
If that happens, it will most likely be in it's own continuity, much like how DC Superhero Girls 2019 is in a different continuity from DC Superhero Girls 2015.
I doubt that. DC Super Hero Girls pretty much HAD to do that because the Fontana shorts were so bad but Marvel Rising is solid. There's no reason or need to reboot it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I doubt that. DC Super Hero Girls pretty much HAD to do that because the Fontana shorts were so bad but Marvel Rising is solid. There's no reason or need to reboot it.
I don't think quality had anything to do with it, moreso a different showrunner wanting to go in a different direction.

The Fonanta DCSHG ran for a while so I think DC viewed it as successful in it's own right.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
For what it's worth, the other specials are still up. I assume Playing With Fire will still debut on YouTube. They'll probably be privatized when they go up on Disney+. It helps that Initiation is still available as shorts, just not as a special.

On another note, when the Marvel Rising specials are put on Disney Now, they're under the Disney XD label.

Reactions: Frontier

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What in the actual heck is going on with Marvel's animation division?!
I couldn't care less about another shared universe...but c'mon and get one of these myriad of projects going already.

TV kids history has added movies and specials for cartoon network, nickelodeon. Maybe they will later add Disney soon.

There also included every tv series aired on nick so far
Last Mr.Enter post but how can anyone read this and not consider author to be whiny Internet Toxicity by MrEnter on DeviantArt
January 24, 1987 marked Bill Farmer being the official voice of Goofy. Now he celebrates doing the voice for 33 years. Happy anniversary my good friend.

Yeah, seasons 3-4 made quite a few mistakes.