"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Looking good so far, I'm ready to see it. I wonder how the toys and merch have been doing.

Sofia Wylie actually looks like Riri from the comics a little :cool:.

Isn't Squirrel Girl everyone's bestie :p?

Doreen's a people person. Maybe that's a secondary mutation.

It's still funny to me that Ironheart was designed after a Disney kid who has been part of the Marvel Rising cast but because she was in another role already (assumption), they got another Disney kid to voice her debut. No complaints. There are just for everybody.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick reminder that the Heart of Iron special will have its world premiere at WonderCon today, starting at 11:45am. For anyone attending the event, please use this thread - and Spoiler tags - if you want to discuss the movie until a proper talkback will be posted on Wednesday (the day the special will be uploaded on YouTube).

EDIT:
CBR is covering the panel. Some comments from the cast and crew, but nothing really new, I think.

I didn't even realize there would be a panel, just a screening of the movie.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Trailer for Heart of Iron.

Details about the next 3 specials.
"Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands" spotlights Dove Cameron (“Descendants 3”) as Ghost-Spider in a 22-minute animated special. On the day of Gwen’s “Battle of the Bands” competition, mysterious attacks force her and the Secret Warriors to investigate. Can they save the city and get Gwen to the concert on time?
"Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri" will introduce the fan-favorite character Shuri, voiced by Daisy Lightfoot (“Marvel Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest”) to the Marvel Rising universe in a 22-minute animated special. The lives of the Secret Warriors are turned upside down when faced with their latest mission: hang out with Shuri, the Crown Princess of Wakanda, and show her what it’s like to be an ordinary teenager. But nothing’s ordinary when you’re dealing with one of the smartest and most famous people on the planet.
"Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire" will star Tyler Posey (“Teen Wolf”) as Inferno. In this 44-minute special, Inferno's powers are stolen by a young and powerful villain and it's up to the Secret Warriors to defeat their new foe and help their friend. But does Inferno even WANT his powers back? Meanwhile, America Chavez, voiced by Cierra Ramirez (“Good Trouble”), learns a lesson about friendship and family from teammate Ms. Marvel.
"Marvel Rising" is executive produced by Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski; co-executive produced by Sana Amanat, and Marsha Griffin. Alfred Gimeno served as supervising animation director. "Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron" was written by Margaret Dunlap. "Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands" and "Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri" were written by Mae Catt. "Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire" was written by Danielle Wolff.

Frontier

Staff member
CBR is covering the panel. Some comments from the cast and crew, but nothing really new, I think.

I didn't even realize there would be a panel, just a screening of the movie.
That "No Comment" on the X-Men question :(...
"Heart of Iron" looks cool :cool:.

"Iron Lad?" Shouldn't that be "Iron Lass" :sweat:?

I wish they hadn't gone with the really busy Iron Man look from Marvel's Spider-Man :confused:.

Kind of surprised they're doing another Gwen-focused special. I hope we get to see more development with the rest of the Mary Janes :).

I'm kind of surprised to see them prominently using Shuri, but I'm also kind of not surrpised given the kind of characters this series emphasizes. Cool to see them still using Daisy Lightfoot as her VA, but obviously now she looks much more like the MCU version now :p.

Wasn't expecting Inferno and America to get their own special. I thought each special would just be introducing a new hero/member of the team, but it looks like there will also be specials focusing on character development for other members of the team :anime:.

SweetShop209

Given that we've had a release schedule of 2.5-3 months between projects, I assume this will carry over for the post Ironheart specials. I predict June 26, August 28, and October 30 respectively.

spyke

March 18th:
Here's another Young Storytellers video.

March 20th:
Here is today's motion comic.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

You know something, the way these shorts are being done is how Comixology's Guided View mode should be done (minus the voice actors), which is basically a combo of motion comics and the Guided View mode.

SweetShop209

I managed to see two comments during the live chat of Heart Of Iron. Kathreen Khavari mentioned that Kamala was the first person that trusted Dante. Unsurprisingly, they develop crushes on each other. The same goes for Doreen and Rayshaun. The second comment is from Marvel HQ, with a new song being played, Team. I predict a music video in the future .

RoryWilliams

The Shuri one is interesting. I'm actually surprised to see them using her since I'd have thought her personality as the whole snarky tech genius might overlap with Ironheart.

Frontier

Staff member
The Shuri one is interesting. I'm actually surprised to see them using her since I'd have thought her personality as the whole snarky tech genius might overlap with Ironheart.
Got to fit in that Black Panther tie-in :p.

I'd also be surprised if James C. Mathis III doesn't reprise T'Challa in the special :).

Frontier

Staff member
Cort Lane talks about the next set of specials:
Nrama: Speaking of Ghost-Spider, what can you tell us about Marvel Rising? What’s coming up in that growing franchise?

Lane: We recently announced the next batch of specials. It kicks off with “Battle of the Bands,” a 22-minute special focused on Ghost-Spider and Gwen, and the duality of her life that’s stretching her way too thin. She’s trying to balance her Secret Warriors life with her friends, and maintain them both, and as we’ve seen throughout her episodes, it’s a lot for her to handle.

We also take the opportunity to create a spoiler and a villain in a kind of dark reflection of Ghost-Spider. This is a villain – sometimes a hero – who was created in the 1970s. I can’t say more than that, but it’s a very cool contrast. And it’s a story full of pop music, which is part of the Marvel Rising DNA, but we go heavy on it here.

And then after that, the next special is “Operation: Shuri”. It’s so fascinating to watch the characters, both individually and as a group, interact with someone like Shuri. They’re all just regular kids, trying to make their way and learn their powers, and be their best selves – but then they’re faced with this princess who is also a super-genius who has so much confidence because she’s been raised her whole life as the heir to the throne.

Then there’s “Playing With Fire”, a very personal story about Inferno and America each longing to find the families that they lost, and their journey to make their way in the world without their families and make a new family along the way.

In particular, with America we see her with Ms. Marvel, who she doesn’t typically get along with, meeting Ms. Marvel’s family and how that impacts her.

It really goes deeper into Inferno’s backstory though, and we get to know him a lot better.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts