"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, Moon Knight isn't as well-known as other Marvel heroes, admittedly :p.
Mohamed Diab reveals he and his wife Sarah Goher wrote a 200 page pitch for Moon Knight. Also, the Hungary shoot will finish in a month then principal concludes in Atlanta, and he officially signed on in October 2020.
Kind of wondering how his cultural experience will lend itself to the mythos with Khonshu...

reflection01

Not sure I believe it. I don't think Feige will force people to follow their streaming service. However they are cross-pollinating other characters from Disney +. I'm honestly kinda disappointed in Feige a little bit for that.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

You don’t think Disney will find a way to coerce people to spend more money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly you would think now that Shang Chi is out we would have seen the first trailer for Hawkeye by now. Especially with it only being like two months and two weeks away. I get that they likely may want to wait until late this year to start pumping out a lot of trailers for the Disney+ shows (Yeah remember last year December 10th we not only got the final official trailer for Wandavision but our first look at Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki AND What If) but we really should of got a trailer for Hawkeye by now since we know when it's coming out. Not like there's anything major that's coming out in the next few weeks especially with Disney that would deviate time from getting that promotion started so yeah wondering why we haven't seen anything for Hawkeye yet.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Honestly you would think now that Shang Chi is out we would have seen the first trailer for Hawkeye by now. Especially with it only being like two months and two weeks away. I get that they likely may want to wait until late this year to start pumping out a lot of trailers for the Disney+ shows (Yeah remember last year December 10th we not only got the final official trailer for Wandavision but our first look at Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki AND What If) but we really should of got a trailer for Hawkeye by now since we know when it's coming out. Not like there's anything major that's coming out in the next few weeks especially with Disney that would deviate time from getting that promotion started so yeah wondering why we haven't seen anything for Hawkeye yet.
Probably this Sunday or Monday. Or whenever there's some sports on ABC during the week.

reflection01

The first ESPN Monday Night Football game of the season is on Monday. I still think the trailer is a few weeks away though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Perhaps but looking at the Loki trailer from April 5. That was 2 months and 6 days from the season premiere. That would put the Hawkeye trailer on September 18. But April 5 was a Monday and I don't remember if it was solo or paired with a NBA game that night.

reflection01

Next Saturday night during ABC’s Auburn at Penn State or MNF are possible.

Makes sense to wait until Shang-Chi’s 3rd weekend to put yet another trailer out there.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Perhaps but looking at the Loki trailer from April 5. That was 2 months and 6 days from the season premiere. That would put the Hawkeye trailer on September 18. But April 5 was a Monday and I don't remember if it was solo or paired with a NBA game that night.

Yeah but remember that trailer was not the FIRST Loki Trailer we got. We got one December 10th. And heck Wandavision's first trailer was September 20th back when we weren't even sure when that show was coming out (that was when it was possible it could of been December 2020 not January 2021) last year so maybe it will be the same for Hawkeye but yeah Hawkeye is coming late November so that still seems a bit late and still so weird we haven't seen ANYTHING from Hawkeye like video wise officially. Images are nice and all but we really should have some sort of actual trailer or first look by now.

Frontier

Staff member

Neo Ultra Mike

"There's the family man that we've portrayed, a more serious character who is no-nonsense and gets through what he needs to do to accomplish the mission," - Man, I miss the comic Hawkeye with his quips and spitfire personality :sweat:.

First off not like that's totally gone (more on that later) especially since Haillee admitted one of her favorite things about the Matt Fraction hawkeye run was the banter between Clint and Kate so wanted some of that in the show. Furthermore Hawkeye was pretty quippy in Ultron and Civil War just that obviously this is after his whole time as Ronin so obviously he'd be a different guy.

And yeah so glad to finally get a trailer for this. I'm guessing this figure pretending to be Ronin is either hired by Yelena or Yelena herself trying to lure out Clint into the open and speaking of Black Widow this trailer is also "well the mistakes and issues of my past have caught up to me have to deal with that again" though honestly this has a different feel due to the mistakes not only being fresher but Clint having somewhere he obviously more wants to be but being stuck having to clean up his mess. Glad to see Hawkeye's family (there was this weird thing about whether Linda Cardelini not coming back to play Laura Barton but yeah pretty clearly she is) and I have to admit I'm already sold on Kate Bishop. Her leaning back in the car after firing that explosive arrow and asking Hawkeye "there are more dangerous arrows" has me on board with her and they seem like a fun dynamic. Plus the Christmas setting makes it clear why this was placed at the end of the year and maybe why they only started showing promos and trailers for it now; you can only have so much christmas stuff even in September when you know Halloween is being more pushed. Still solid trailer hopefully will be a good way to end Clint's story and start Kate's.

Frontier

Staff member
Thoughts:

- This seems like a surprisingly wholesome Christmas story not necessarily about straight-up family (since they're writing Clint's out) but about two people coming together and bonding over archery and fighting crime. With a dash of Die Hard :).

- Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated o_O.

- Was Kate shooting that belltower as means of testing her archery skills or as a prank? Did she get arrested for that? Maybe expelled if it's at whatever school she goes to :ack:?

- I'm still not sold on the costumes. I guess they're going more low-key because of the style of story, but I was expecting something a little more overt after the concept art :confused:.

- Hey, at least they're calling him Hawkeye :p.

- I'm kind of wondering who the new Ronin is. Nobody but probably The Avengers know it was Clint (will they even use the word Ronin?) and I'm wondering how it connects to Echo and Kate :oops:.
First off not like that's totally gone (more on that later) especially since Haillee admitted one of her favorite things about the Matt Fraction hawkeye run was the banter between Clint and Kate so wanted some of that in the show. Furthermore Hawkeye was pretty quippy in Ultron and Civil War just that obviously this is after his whole time as Ronin so obviously he'd be a different guy.
I've never been big on the Clint and Kate dynamic in the comics (it usually seem to come at Clint's expense) so that's not really selling me on it. He has quipped in the past but it's nowhere near as overt as comic Hawkeye. It's not Renner's fault, it's just the hand he'd been dealt.

the greenman

So decent trailer. I have to catch up on the MCU. Been busy for the past few months. I think this just might drop in time for that What If? episode about Peter Parker becoming Hawkeye.
- Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated o_O.

Thought the same. Guess for budgetary reasons, didn't really need to have her come in. It'll probably be explained.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts