"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
1/13: Character breakdown of Ironheart's main villain, "charming, magnetic, slick, and oily. He’s always working an angle to his own advantage. He’s handsome with an athletic build. He also has a crew working for him."
Sounds like Ezekial Stane...taking after dear old dad...

I wonder if they'd introduce Sasha Hammer and how they'd depict her in relation to MCU Justin Hammer.

the greenman

I wonder if it will tie into anyone else like Moon Knight or Blade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think at least Blade. Though be interesting to see who they choose for the Midnight Sons, a team I have a bitter history with. They didn't want to do Defenders anymore, but basically wanted to do an Avengers-esque team of supernatural heroes. Similar to JLD at DC.

Then it still didn't make sense with Iron Man, Wolverine, Punisher. Ughh.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

New rumors say Moon Knight would premiere on March 30, then She-Hulk in May and Ms. Marvel in August or September.
If so, looks like they have things all planned out for now.

I'm curious what this purported Daredevil revision will look like. I think Echo will give us something to chew on until.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
The more of this costume in motion I see, the more I get the sense they turned this version into Spawn rather than a highly skilled, highly tech-savy vigilante. Did Moon Knight ever become just a supernatural super in the comics?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I will say major kudos to how Marvel knows when to market these trailers. Not only in connection to other Disney related deals but now that Hawkeye and Spider Man No Way Home promotion material and interest has wained it's time to move on to the next project. I will also say acting wise Oscar Issac does impress well here as his surpirsed and shocked reactions to exactly what's happening especially seeing him somehow have a gun in his hand are handled well and I do appreciate how different this one feels. I guess there's a bit of Legion to it but does feel a bit more grounded yet at the same time in a world where you can go bigger so curious where they are going with this. It does make this one hard to get a major feel out of though and there doesn't seem to be much of a hook outside of "this is Marvel" and "weird for weirdness sake." Granted at this point Marvel can launch pretty much whatever and find some sort of audience (like even Eternals technically didn't bomb) but between the music being sort of lacking and outside the ending bit which the Disney plus day teaser already showed anyway no real action. Still a better trailer on repeat then when I saw it fresh so that's something I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series o_O.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo :cool:!

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him :eek:.

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster :ack:?

So Ethan Hawke is apparently playing Randall Sparrow, a very minor Moon Knight villain :evil:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Moon Knight looks pretty cool. I admit I don't know a whole lot about the character from the comics (though I have done some research on him after his few appearances in cartoons in more recent years), but the trailer is intriguing and I will check this out when it premieres.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Man, animation Twitter has stooped on the new low where they bullied a girl to a suicide for liking a character they don't.

May she rest in peace.
Hello there Just looking for someone to talk about The N with

I wonder if Nickelodeon would later have rights to air Sonic the Hedgehog?

FOP marathon on NickPluto.. it's not off yet though.

Featured Posts