"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
New Hawkeye clip on Good Morning America.

EDIT:
More news...

Agatha: House of Harkness series confirmed.
Agatha: House of Harkness will reveal more about the character first introduced in Marvel Studios’ WandaVision. Jac Schaefer, who served as head writer and executive producer on WandaVision, returns for Agatha: House of Harkness. Be sure to hide all dogs named Sparky.

Echo series confirmed.

New logo for IronHeart.

First looks at Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion.

Also to keep this thread as complete as possible, I'll mention the new animated projects announced: X-Men '97 (sequel to X-Men TAS), Spider-Man: Freshman Year and Marvel Zombies. These can be discussed on the Marvel Animation board.

Last edited:

the greenman

Honestly I'm sure we all heard rumors of X-men. Just not this. Curious to see what comes of it.

It does give me hope that Sony might be willing to return to Spectacular Spider-man.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
New synopsis for some of the upcoming Marvel Disney+ shows.
Moon Knight [is] a new globetrotting action-adventure series featuring a complex vigilante who suffers from dissociative identity disorder. The multiple identities who live inside him find themselves thrust into a deadly war of the gods against the backdrop of modern and ancient Egypt. Moon Knight is directed by executive producer Mohamed Diab; Jeremy Slater is head writer. The series is coming to Disney+ in 2022.
See Tatiana Maslany as She-Hulk/Jennifer Walters, a lawyer who specializes in superhuman-oriented legal cases. She-Hulk will welcome a host of Marvel characters to the series, including the Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo, and the Abomination, played by Tim Roth. The new comedy series coming to Disney+ in 2022 is directed by executive producer Kat Coiro with Anu Valia also directing. Executive producer Jessica Gao serves as head writer.
Ms. Marvel introduces Kamala Khan - a 16-year-old Pakistani American from Jersey City. An aspiring artist, an avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, she is a huge fan of the Avengers - and one in particular, Captain Marvel. But Kamala has always struggled to find her place in the world - that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Iman Vellani stars as Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel. The series is directed by executive producers Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, with executive producer Bisha K. Ali serving as head writer. Ms. Marvel premieres on Disney+ in Summer 2022.

Frontier

Staff member
So, judging from the teasers:

- Oscar Isaac will use different voices/accents for different personalities and it will have a darker tone.

- She-Hulk will have the classic She-Hulk physique and will have 4th wall breaks. Bruce is mentoring her to control her form changes.

- Kamala goes to a Captain Marvel party (?) and her school gets attacked by four bad guys.

- House of Harkness (reminds me of House of M) will go into Agatha's background and potentially remaining family.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I think the big chase scene in Hawkeye will play off better watching it attached to the episode but the joke about the suction arrow and the two swinging to avoid their captors was cool. Here's what I got from the teasers.

- I am glad that it seems like Moon Knight is going to be played pretty seriously especially how Marc goes between the voices and how those guys are taken out. Since the other more filmed series lean more comedy nice to have one more serious. Also does anyone think having them in this order means the next series after Hawkeye wraps up is Moon Knight? Guess there could also be a gap but considering all the other Marvel Disney + content coming out seems weird there'd be like a gigantic 6 something plus gap between the streaming shows.

- I'm also glad Jennifer Walters she Hulk look leans more to Classic She Hulk and hey props to her purposely cheesy acting homaging the old Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrengo series. Also my theory is that Bruce can shift from his professor Hulk to regular form and staying in human form allows him time to heal from his Professor Hulk hand being fried in Endgame.

- Yeah we're still not getting to see Kamala's Miss Marvel powers which you think we would of gotten some embiggening by now if that was a part of it. Also there's some rumors Brie Larson did film something for this show which I hope is the case as there needs to be a reason why Captain Marvel is idolized by regular people in the MCU as you think most wouldn't really know about her. Like I get the government and obviously heroes who were there but why did she inspire Kamala unless she did more then like show up for the big ending Endgame battle?

- Most everything else we already knew about. Cool look for Fury for Secret Invasion and this officially confirms Echo (there has to be some sort of good pitch why this character got their spinoff before Hawkeye even came out. Peacemaker got made because James Gunn was still involved and John Cena is a huge get but how did Echo get her own show out of the gate?) as well as House of Harkness which I hope isn't just a prequel series.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Minor but another synopsis for Hawkeye.
"Hawkeye is set in post-blip New York City where Clint Barton aka Hawkeye has a seemingly simple mission: get back to his family for Christmas. But when a threat from his past shows up, Hawkeye reluctantly teams up with 22-year-old skilled archer Kate Bishop to unravel a criminal conspiracy. The series stars Jeremy Renner, Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, and newcomer Alaqua Cox. Episodes are directed by executive producer Rhys Thomas and directing duo Bert & Bertie; executive producer Jonathan Igla is head writer. The series premieres November 24, 2021. Enjoy an action-packed look in the Marvel Studios special on Disney+."

the greenman

Minor but insider Daniel RPK again stoking those Daredevil series rumors with a grid indicating it's in early stages of development.
Well, early reports have suggested we will see Matt in No Way Home, but not DD. So if we do get the series, it'll probably be a soft reboot.

One thing I look forward to is a new Ben Urich. I doubt they're going to keep him dead, though I hope based on NWH, they're willing to use the Bugle in the MCU going forward.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member

the greenman

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.
When it comes to Nickelodeon, nothing is sacred. Not even a creator's wishes. Hillenburg did not want to promote fast food and this is what Nick does...

Considering leaving Tumblr because I barely posted there.
Asa
Betty White would've been 100 years old today.
One thing I've noticed is that all the cartoons that Frederick Weidmann did the music for are all CGI. He worked on Green Lantern The Animated Series, Beware The Batman, All Hail King Julien, Miles From Tomorrowland, The Dragon Prince, Madagascar A Little Wild, Big Nate, Eureka, and Firebuds.

Featured Posts