"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know at this point we really should be actually hearing something about that Darcy/Jimmy Woo show that people wanted to see them in. Which I admit sounds far more interesting then a Monica Rambau show. Nothing against Monica since I liked her in WandaVision (a lot of people still take that "they don't know what you sacrificed for them" line wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of context for some stupid reason) and I did want her in the Captain marvel sequel before that was official as she obviously does have things to sort out with Carol but... does she also need her own show as well? Kamala Kahn I get giving her a show because there's a lot from her Miss Marvel set to warrant it's own series but... what about Monica in terms of MCU or in general really warrants her getting a series per say? Agatha Harkness I totally get giving her a show but Monica? Still confounds me honestly.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The same insider Daniel Richtman who said the bit about Monica said there's also a 'Xialing and Ten Rings' series in development.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter

Neo Ultra Mike

I wonder if they'd introduce Blue Marvel and make a Spectrum show more of an Ultimates show.

Eh honestly if Monica's show is going to be more an ensemble why not instead introduce Elsa Bloodstone, Tabitha "Boom Boom" Smith, The Machine Man and Captain @#@$# and have it be a Next Wave show? :D

The same insider Daniel Richtman who said the bit about Monica said there's also a 'Xialing and Ten Rings' series in development.

Okay see that one makes sense especially since that seemed like the entire point of Shang Chi's ending tag; to showcase exactly what a Ten Rings series would be about. And that generally did get positive reception and feels like it would have ideas attached to it so I get making that way more then say a Monica Rambau show at this point. Maybe that would make sense more after the Marvels but right now not really so much.

Frontier

Staff member
And you get a spinoff...and you get a spinoff...
Eh honestly if Monica's show is going to be more an ensemble why not instead introduce Elsa Bloodstone, Tabitha "Boom Boom" Smith, The Machine Man and Captain @#@$# and have it be a Next Wave show? :D
I think Nextwave would be far too much for Disney :p.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, it's about that time. Wasn't it filming concurrently with Hawkeye? So if so, this is expected.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Correct, there was overlap. Hawkeye filmed from November 22, 2020 to April 21, 2021 while Ms. Marvel ran from November 10, 2020 to May 5, 2021. She-Hulk and Moon Knight started in April. So at one brief time, 4 shows were filming at the same time.

the greenman

What the hell?! Now that is interesting. Might be a middle east episode. He and Affleck are obsessed with the politics and such.

You know we all pegged Affleck for directing FF back in the day and recently his version of "The Batman" (could still happen). Good on former cbm actors to return as filmmakers. I can't say I'm in disagreement for seeing what Clooney could do with a comicbook film.This has shades of that film he did "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind". Having a man seemingly with two personas.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

New Hawkeye Promo

Most important information (other then someone trying to kill Hawkeye while he's taking his kids to see a show) is that we are getting the first TWO episodes November 24 because yeah pretty clear the rest will stream in December BEFORE Christmas. Just like I called so yeah I want some points for that... pretty obvious guess but still points would be appreciated.

Frontier

Staff member
Good to know :).
New Hawkeye Promo

Most important information (other then someone trying to kill Hawkeye while he's taking his kids to see a show) is that we are getting the first TWO episodes November 24 because yeah pretty clear the rest will stream in December BEFORE Christmas. Just like I called so yeah I want some points for that... pretty obvious guess but still points would be appreciated.
I'm not a Matt Fraction Hawkeye fan but they're definitely capturing that vibe with Clint getting beat up a lot and the Tracksuit Dracula's :p.

Clint looks like has some PTSD watching that Battle of New York play :sweat:.

Spotlight

Staff online

• Daikun
    Long Live the Fighter!
  • Stu
    Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my thesis film ony my strugles with being atypical
khuddle wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
Grats to you and Happy Birthday.
Happy birthday to a great voice actor that is Eric Bauza!
So, in the animated series Jellystone!, has anyone noticed that Snorky's design is based off what he looked like in the first season of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour rather than in the second season of said show?
I'm officially 25 years old.

Featured Posts