"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If MCU SWORD is focused around monitoring "Sentient Weapons," that would probably apply to Mutants, right?
1/16: Presumably. Anyone with superpowers or using tech that gives powers. That's why I see an implication it's essentially a federal agency built around the Sokovia Accords. Kind of similar to how a ton of agencies popped up post-9/11.

1/17: Olsen seemingly confirms the sitcom homages will continue up to the 2000s.

So I guess it may be something like this
Episode 1: 50s
Episode 2: 60s
Episode 3: 70s
Episode 4: 80s
Episode 5: 90s
Episode 6: 00s
Episode 7: 10s
Episode 8-9: MCU Movie (or 7-9)

Last edited:

the greenman

1/16: Presumably. Anyone with superpowers or using tech that gives powers. That's why I see an implication it's essentially a federal agency built around the Sokovia Accords. Kind of similar to how a ton of agencies popped up post-9/11.

1/17: Olsen seemingly confirms the sitcom homages will continue up to the 2000s.

The more I think about it, the more I see the genius of Feige choosing one of the Olsen's with their TV pedigree. Yeah, we know it's not the same but he had to have that in mind in casting.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I have been studying the promos;

Episode 3 is a Brady Bunch homage which has Wanda Pregnant, her and Vision go for a bile ride, lots of afros, and Monica confronts Wanda about how she doesn't know what's going on and gets kicked out of the reality.

Episode 4 is where Wanda has the crazy big hair, Vision wearing a flannel shirt, this is likely where the children are born since most of the shots with the babies they seem to be wearing there 80s attire with the Family Ties like living room. Also Agnes shows up wearing spandex?

Not to sure about the episodes after that, there probably will be a 90's episode that is a Roseanne homage and we do know that when we enter the 2010s or 2000s is when we get these talking head interviews with Wanda like something out of The Office or Modern Family. This also where we will probably get the Halloween episode.

Judging the promos I think it is likely once they get into Present Day the entire universe resets and they are back in the 50s.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Malcolm in the Middle as inspiration...ok?
Yeah, the 2000s were kind of cynical, but wasn't this the defining generation for sitcoms built around tv dads?
That was even the the most notable thing with adult animation.
Assuming the 90s gives Wanda more focus because of shows like The Nanny and Roseanne (and by the implications of her quote also for 70s & 80s), I guess they're staying true to Vision's meek personality or their fictional kids are now the focal point.

the greenman

It came up in the talkback, too, but my theory is in the 80s episodes as the Family Ties annoying neighbor boy Skippy. :p
The added siblings. The little brother from Family Ties (also Worf's son), Janet Jackson in Good Times, Raven in Cosby, the extra little brother of Family Matters, Dicaprio in Growing Pains are a few.

If Feige doesn't take advantage of that. . .
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member

The other day I did notice a clip in one of the promos that looked like a reaction shot in a mocumentary series like The Office or Modern Family to me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Minor but another documentary special was announced, Marvel's Behind the Mask. Premieres on Disney+ on February 12.
From the very inception of comic books, secret identities have been an integral part of both Super Heroes and Villains leading “normal” lives. But it’s the characters beneath that resonate within us across generations of fans. Since the advent of the Marvel Age of Comics in the early 1960s, Marvel’s writers and artists have used the notion of identities to examine the evolving concept of equal rights. These legendary Marvel creations and stories have not only reflected the world outside our window – they have become a reflection of our own identities and who we truly are.
Marvel’s Behind the Mask will feature guests from across Marvel’s 80-year legacy, including the writers and artists behind the rise of characters like Black Panther, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain Marvel, and many other characters in the Marvel Universe, highlighting Marvel’s impact on pop culture and media.
Marvel’s Behind the Mask is produced by Marvel New Media with Tarmac Creative. The film is directed by Michael Jacobs and produced by Chris Gary and Ryan Simon for Tarmac Creative and Strike Anywhere. Joe Quesada, Shane Rahmani, Stephen Wacker, John Cerilli, Harry Go, and Sarah Amos serve as Executive Producers for Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts