"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Certainly cause for a sign of relief for anyone in the Disney or Marvel Studios' camps who had any concerns about fan response to the first trailer of a Disney+ MCU series. More so it could Avengers numbers and is getting amazing stats on social media. Off to a great start!

EDIT: Gugu Mbatha-Raw confirms work has resumed on Loki.

It's been reported Ms. Marvel is casting for Zoe Zimmer and Tyesha Hillman.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It is the first major MCU content we've gotten in a while after Covid hit, so that probably helped :).
Tyesha didn't show up until the second volume of G. Willow Wilson's Ms. Marvel run (I thought they were mostly going for stuff from the first volume), but maybe she's around to give Kamala's brother something to do ;).

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Samuel L. Jackson will reprise his role as Nick Fury for a new Disney+ series. Not too many details about the show yet, but Variety reports Kyle Bradstreet will be the writer and executive producer.
That's really awesome news! I'd bet it could be that rumor from January 22 of Secret Invasion series or an "A List Character" would be getting a series. Or gulp, the Secret Warriors rumor. On one hand, a series that delves into Nick's past as an agent would be dope. Or a series set in the 90s post Captain Marvel would be awesome. But, would love to see a follow up to what Fury is up to in the MCU's present.

Very cool, but again, I don't recall him being Jewish. Plus we heard that rumor in May.

Last edited:

PF9

The Nick Fury series should go to Hulu instead, so it can be TV-MA complete with SLJ using MF

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
It's likely a Nick Fury series will focus more on Sword and introduce Hulking.

There's always an off chance they could bring over the Agents of Sheild cast but I highly doubt it.

Frontier

Staff member
More Hawkeye rumors:

Madame Masque might appear and Mockingbird might return (but they'll re-cast the role).
I'm down for a proper Madame Masque. I guess they're including her because she and Kate Bishop had a thing going on for a bit in the comics, but I hope they treat her seriously :cool:.

I don't see the point of re-introducing Mockingbird when Hawkeye is already married to Velma, unless they're exes, although I'd be happy to have Bobbi in the movies :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I had given up with the book with the initial Masque/Kate confrontation so yeah, I hope she treated a little differently. I wonder if this will make the version from Agent Carter completely non-canon.

I've been a little puzzled as to how they're going to take this much inspiration from the Fraction book when these are two vastly different Hawkeyes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm skeptical of the Mockingbird one because I didn't see any other sites reporting it. But recasts are inevitable I suppose.

I had given up with the book with the initial Masque/Kate confrontation so yeah, I hope she treated a little differently. I wonder if this will make the version from Agent Carter completely non-canon.
Well, one, it's a rumor and two, they could just do it so she's Giuletta Nefaria and was never raised by the Frost family in the MCU plus "Whitney Frost" was just a stage name used by Agnes Cully in Agent Carter. So there's ways to navigate without hurting the canon.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Spanksgiving! I love giving Spanks! I've got a hankering for some spankering!
Asa
Have a safe Thanksgiving everyone.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and stay safe.