"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Fans have already questioned why "Winter Soldier" was used in the title and well depending how how it ends, Sam may not be Falcon anymore. But I guess "Sam and Bucky" or "Falcon and White Wolf" were rejected titles, lol. It'll certainly be interesting if the plan is for this series to have another season.

Despite the rumors, I'd be surprised if WandaVision has a season 2 since the story continues into Multiverse of Madness. Unless they're leaving things unresolved to an extent for Wanda in that movie for a season 2.
I think Winter Soldier being in the story is a case of branding trumping over all :p.

Although "White Wolf" felt more like a nickname than a proper codename...

Frontier

Staff member
Ah, interesting. Just a slight change to the acronym.
I guess it makes sense since they seem to be concerned with dangerous individuals and events from what we've seen and less so with aliens like the comic version.

"Cartoon" Monica in that look resembles her comic self even more :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess it makes sense since they seem to be concerned with dangerous individuals and events from what we've seen and less so with aliens like the comic version.
It now has me thinking this is the next level of the Sokovia Accords, it has evolved into its own government agency to deal with enhanced individuals or as they seem to now classify them, sentient weapons. And could General Ross be its director.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, when they pronounce the title now, it kind of sounds like "Wanda's Vision," almost implying the show is about Wanda's vision of what she wishes the world was for herself...
Period Monica is looking good (if a bit fake smiling) :).
Shakman confirms Steve Englehearts The Vision and Scarlet Witch run from 1985, the more recent comic event known as House of M, and Tom King's The Vision were all inspirations for WandaVision.
Just about the influences everyone figured ;).
It now has me thinking this is the next level of the Sokovia Accords, it has evolved into its own government agency to deal with enhanced individuals or as they seem to now classify them, sentient weapons. And could General Ross be its director.
I don't see that ending well if Ross is headlining it :sweat:.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Ah, interesting. Just a slight change to the acronym.
Seems most fitting for Agents of SHIELD's evolution from a show about fighting rival spies & some supers here-n-there
to nothing but metas/robots/ghosts/aliens. I had no idea they didn't get to establish or even namedrop SWORD.
I also had no idea Joss Whedon established the organization...so, X-Men by the time Secret Invasion debuts?

reflection01

Y'know, when they pronounce the title now, it kind of sounds like "Wanda's Vision," almost implying the show is about Wanda's vision of what she wishes the world was for herself...

Period Monica is looking good (if a bit fake smiling) :).

Just about the influences everyone figured ;).

I don't see that ending well if Ross is headlining it :sweat:.

Monica doesn’t look much different for me because I know Parris mainly from Mad Men. She just slides right back into that look.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Seems most fitting for Agents of SHIELD's evolution from a show about fighting rival spies & some supers here-n-there
to nothing but metas/robots/ghosts/aliens. I had no idea they didn't get to establish or even namedrop SWORD.
I also had no idea Joss Whedon established the organization...so, X-Men by the time Secret Invasion debuts?
Yeah, and also S.W.O.R.D. was originally going to be name dropped in the 1st Thor movie by Selvig but it was relegated to a deleted scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Am I the only one who is getting tired of this marketing strategy as in the "adding/removing/readding content" stuff also known as the regular rotation system associated with streaming services?
I decided to merge some of my recent posts from the Disney+ and HBO Max threads in order to balance it with Paramount+ and Peacock as the six consecutive posts I posted on the former have now been merged and I'm not really happy on that the practice is now used for that thread when said practice was fine with threads relating to TV shows and films than those relating to streaming services but that's just me.
An animated movie based on the Metal Men is in development for the Warner Animation Group. Disney veterans John Musker & Ron Clements are attached to the project.

Much like Sandra Equihua, Lauren Faust also tried pitching her own version of Jem And The Holograms. Much like with Sandra, her pitch didn't go through when the live action movie bombed.

Featured Posts