Marvel DVD's?

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
Is there any would on whether they will release the old 60's and 70's Marvel cartoons like Spider-Man, Hanna Barbera's Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, Captain America, and Thor?

Calhoun07

It's Me
The only Spider Man animated DVDs on the horizon are the edited slapped together "movies." Ugh, I want all the episodes in season sets. Is that really too much to ask for?

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Originally posted by Calhoun07
The only Spider Man animated DVDs on the horizon are the edited slapped together "movies." Ugh, I want all the episodes in season sets. Is that really too much to ask for?

In the eyes of a Disney executive - yes. It's way to hard to actually look in front of you and see what the people want - I mean it's much easier to complete destroy a great piece of entertainment like the Spidey animated series, aggrivate your fans in the process and than say that the property has no real value becuase of the lack of sales it presented Disney with. Besides I'm sure they're wondering - who would want a season set anyways? Our large market of 7 years and younger won't be able to afford those sets - even if we sold them both in sets and singles.

-Joe
who wishes to thank Disney for their irresponsible handling of such a great property!

Hypestyle

whuh?

What happened with FOX and their re-release of the old-school marvel toons? I guess that initiative tanked, and now Marvel is stuck with FOX having the license to distribute their stuff, but they're choosing to just sit on it instead--

But I dunno-- i've seen UNIVERSAL put out the X-MEN cartoon vhs and dvd--

But now that DISNEY owns SABAN (? somebody confirm) who produced X-MEN toon and were involved with Spidey toon, maybe they'll do that as well--

Look for SPidey and X-Men on the "ABC Family Network".. formerly the Fox Family Network...

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Disney doesn't own Saban, but they own the license to all of the Saban shows that were aired on Fox Kids - that's why Spidey, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Iron Man will have their own block - this was all part of the deal for when Disney bought out Fox Family. That's why Disney can now destroy the awesome Spidey series in favor of a pieced together movie.

-Joe

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts