"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pretty typical of anyone in Superhero movies at this point :p.
What I question is from the start did they tell Holland they want him to grow up with the character and eventually to a point where he's playing a Spider-Man in his 20s or did they not, and Holland went into it naively not considering how long he would be in the role even though RDJ for example was Tony for 11 years. Because it feels like at this point, Feige and co. might to consider going the route of having someone else take over the mantle like Miles Morales (the latter already have been name checked in Homecoming). There's always Ben Reilly but he's a clone of Peter so appearance-wise the actor would have to resemble Holland pretty well.

Frontier

Staff member
What I question is from the start did they tell Holland they want him to grow up with the character and eventually to a point where he's playing a Spider-Man in his 20s or did they not, and Holland went into it naively not considering how long he would be in the role even though RDJ for example was Tony for 11 years. Because it feels like at this point, Feige and co. might to consider going the route of having someone else take over the mantle like Miles Morales (the latter already have been name checked in Homecoming). There's always Ben Reilly but he's a clone of Peter so appearance-wise the actor would have to resemble Holland pretty well.
I mean, ideally I think the point of Holland being young and starting out as such a young Spider-Man was so he could age more into the role and play Peter for a while, but that might be more taxing and time consuming for a young actor to really commit too.

Although even if they do plan to replace him with Miles it will be, unless they change things up, yet another teenage Spider-Man

Frontier

Staff member
Agreed. I’m ready for an adult Spider-Man. I don’t need three films in college either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, the college films would probably focus as much on college as the high school films did high school (as in, not a lot) :p.

reflection01

Well, the college films would probably focus as much on college as the high school films did high school (as in, not a lot) :p.

The first film centered around a school trip to a competition and a school dance. The second film took place during a school field trip. That’s a lot of focus.

Frontier

Staff member
The first film centered around a school trip to a competition and a school dance. The second film took place during a school field trip. That’s a lot of focus.

Yeah, but it kind of feels like they're speedrunning the high school life like they're speedrunning Holland as Spider-Man in general.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, but it kind of feels like they're speedrunning the high school life like they're speedrunning Holland as Spider-Man in general.
Well, they can only have done so much in a trilogy to show his sophmore to senior years. Ideally, we would have seen more in a live action streaming series but at least this animated Disney+ series might fill in gaps.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, they can only have done so much in a trilogy to show his sophmore to senior years. Ideally, we would have seen more in a live action streaming series but at least this animated Disney+ series might fill in gaps.
Yeah, of course I would rather an original Spider-Man cartoon and not something tethered to the MCU, but Holland's stuff really needs more fleshing out in my opinion, so maybe it's a necessary evil...

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Yeah, but it kind of feels like they're speed-running the high school life like they're speed-running Holland as Spider-Man in general.
They did kill him off in his second Avengers appearance before they got to his second solo movie :zim: only to have his life go back to normal essentially rather than this post-apocalypse built over from 5 years. This might also sound like speedrunning, but what if more of his cast weren't blipped rather than the one dude who's still a Junior? or a Teacher's Assistant? swooning over a minor o_O?
You could've introduced the other mainstay characters in Parker's life (even if he does meet them in his college years). And then as an adult in another appearance he bumps into his old high school clique.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/10: Holland debunks there's a new 3 picture deal, "The new deal that was struck up was this understanding between the two studios that should Marvel want me to appear in one of their movies, then it would be an open conversation. I don't think it's as black and white as, 'I have a three-picture deal with Marvel and a three-picture deal with Sony.' It's just this open conversation and open dialogue between Mr. Iger and Mr. Rothman."

Holland said he has pitched an idea for a 4th Spider-Man movie but he's also keen on taking a break.

12/11: Another rumor the 4th Spider-Man movie is already in development and Holland signed on.

12/13: Rothman confirms Sony has 1 "lendback" to reciprocate for Doctor Strange appearing in No Way Home. So as I thought before, Holland can appear in one more MCU non-solo-Spider-Man movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts