"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
In a New York Times interview, Feige and Pascal comment on Spider-Man 4:
We’re producers, so we always believe everything will work out. I love working with Kevin. We have a great partnership, along with Tom Rothman, who runs Sony and has been instrumental, a great leader with great ideas. I hope it lasts forever.
Amy and I and Disney and Sony are talking about — yes, we’re actively beginning to develop where the story heads next, which I only say outright because I don’t want fans to go through any separation trauma like what happened after “Far From Home” [the previous Spider-Man movie, in 2019]. That will not be occurring this time.

colomb

Secret Wars could be the next "endgame." I don't think it will happen until the early 2030s. The next two Avengers movies should be smaller scale.

reflection01

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
No Way Home and Spider-Verse showed there’s some interest in older Peter Parkers.
Dunno if potentially having them in a support role to their villains or anti-heroes is the right call such as the now rumored Jamie Foxx Electro spinoff.

reflection01

I said restarting SM and ASM franchises, not inserting them into villain-led films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Marisa Tomei has recently revealed something about her take on Aunt May she was kind of pushing for which ultimately didn't wind up happening.

Yeah turns out she wanted Aunt May to actually have a girlfriend who she wanted to be played by Amy Pascal. Which IMHO actually would of been a really cool idea though only if they you know more leaned into it. Like it didn't have to be portrayed super seriously but I wouldn't want just a "wink wink nudge nudge the two just smile and wink at one another" sort of thing. I also feel that's something that we should of seen at the end of Homecoming as a lot of jokes in that movie around her were all these guys who felt Aunt May was super hot so the reveal that she was already in a relationship with another woman would of been a great gag to end that on. That didn't wind up happening due to deciding to pair her with Happy Hogan

And Obviously with May dead we aren't ever going to get that ever

But it is an interesting idea... again if they leaned into it which they probably wouldn't especially since Sony wouldn't want to upset China at all with how homophobic the republic's leaders are about that sort of thing.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Marisa Tomei has recently revealed something about her take on Aunt May she was kind of pushing for which ultimately didn't wind up happening.

Yeah turns out she wanted Aunt May to actually have a girlfriend who she wanted to be played by Amy Pascal. Which IMHO actually would of been a really cool idea though only if they you know more leaned into it. Like it didn't have to be portrayed super seriously but I wouldn't want just a "wink wink nudge nudge the two just smile and wink at one another" sort of thing. I also feel that's something that we should of seen at the end of Homecoming as a lot of jokes in that movie around her were all these guys who felt Aunt May was super hot so the reveal that she was already in a relationship with another woman would of been a great gag to end that on. That didn't wind up happening due to deciding to pair her with Happy Hogan

But it is an interesting idea... again if they leaned into it which they probably wouldn't especially since Sony wouldn't want to upset China at all with how homophobic the republic's leaders are about that sort of thing.
Uh...I wasn't thinking of that at all in a romantic sense. The media tendency with divorced or widowed men are total loners winding up in revenge fantasies, for example - Ronin, Supreme Strange & Yellowjacket Hank Pym. The media tendency with divorced or widowed women is companionship. Because it's Aunt May, you'd think she'd have her own poker or book club by now.

Frontier

Staff member

That sounds super random to me. Like, there were a lot of execution issues with MCU Aunt May and I think the most important thing would've been giving her more substance than how she was used in the movies or throwing in Amy Pascal. And, y'know, addressing Uncle Ben but that's another thing...

reflection01

Late life lesbians are definitely a thing even among women who were previously married to men. But it would have looked tacked on and unnecessary, even more than the stuff with Happy did. Also it would set up an “oh, she’s a lesbian” explanation for why she was single instead of just wanting to be single and/or focus on taking care of Peter and community work with FEAST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Stranger Things Season 4. Which do I watch first?
It's almost game showcase time! Almost time for games to get revealed, a possible Switch 2 (or whatever Nintendo's revealing this year/next year). From Nintendo to SEGA, Sony to Microsoft, Square-Enix to ATLUS, and Microsoft to Capcom. Looking forward again to see more game reveals, E3 is not gonna be here this year, but that doesn't mean the games and game companies won't be. Hopefully it'll all be awesome fun!
I hope this pandemic ends this year, but since cases are rising right now, I‘m afraid it’s a long wait. But I don’t want to go doom and gloom again. And believe me, I went through that before.
With Mom losing nick@nite rights, it will return back to TVLand next week. That show can also be shown other networks like FX, CMT, Paramount and some local networks
Yay one of my favorite, currently running, comic strips is returning on June 27th , it's going into newspapers, been online only for a couple years. Crabgrass by Tauhid Bondia for May 26, 2022 | GoComics.com

Featured Posts