"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulkwummy

I think there's a good chance he'll be making his movie debut within that time frame. He's one of the major characters yet to turn up in the MCU, imo, and Marvel Studios knows it. I would think and hope that with the Fox merger done and dealt with and have a long term deal with Sony about Spider-Man figured out, Disney would turns its sights on Universal and deal with the Hulk and Namor rights once and for all.

While circa 2014, it didn't sound like a solo Namor movie was happening - Feige said they're the only ones that can make a movie but there's still old contracts and entanglements that complicates the process but did later say in 2018 they are still deciding if and when. If they haven't hammered the issue out already, they can still go the route with Hulk and just have him be a recurring character in other movies and/or show up in Disney+ series like you say, in a Fantastic Four movie.

And that stuff about Evans returning is bunk unless he's back in What If season 2, imo.
The sooner Marvel Studios and Disney gets the full rights to Hulk and Namor from Universal, the better, cause been a decade since 2008's The Incredible Hulk was released and there's still no solo Hulk sequel because Universal holds the distribution rights to the Hulk.

the greenman

The sooner Marvel Studios and Disney gets the full rights to Hulk and Namor from Universal, the better, cause been a decade since 2008's The Incredible Hulk was released and there's still no solo Hulk sequel because Universal holds the distribution rights to the Hulk.
That, and if they keep going Ruffalo will be playing the Maestro anyway. Long grey beard. Also, they might have to start recasting some of the major characters like Betty, Gen. Ross, and even Rick Jones & Samson.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess reactions on reddit and twitter aren't the same as watching reactions in a theater :sweat:.
I kinda disagree. Yes, we'll be at a point in the future where we can have IW or EG level experiences in theaters again, but not right now. But on the other hand, Disney+ creates some issues. Whereas with theaters, they can have an accurate count and make more money - each person needs to buy one ticket. On Disney+, they make less, it's one account paying a lesser amount of money, and inviting x amount of friends and family for free. But there are some people who won't have the 2 or 1 shot vaccine in time (which is a discussion for Cafe TZ) for Black Widow's theatrical opening for example and shouldn't be going to theaters.

Last edited:

the greenman

I kinda disagree. Yes, we'll be at a point in the future where we can have IW or EG level experiences in theaters again, but not right now. But on the other hand, Disney+ creates some issues. Whereas with theaters, they can have an accurate count and make more money - each person needs to buy one ticket. On Disney+, they make less, its one account paying a lesser amount of money, and inviting x amount of friends and family for free. But there are some people who won't have the 2 or 1 shot vaccine in time (which is a discussion for Cafe TZ) for Black Widow's theatrical opening for example and shouldn't be going to theaters.
This is why I created the "End of Billions" thread. I just don't imagine the world getting to the point where everyone is comfortable to get to those numbers; at least not yet.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This is why I created the "End of Billions" thread. I just don't imagine the world getting to the point where everyone is comfortable to get to those numbers; at least not yet.

Yeah, probably not until the end of this decade. Which is when an Avengers movie should be scheduled. lol.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Feel free to disagree with me but I don't agree with this at all since while I wasn't happy with Warner Bros not telling cast and crew of their films planned for this year about the joint cinematic/streaming release plans, I'm just tired of waiting to see Black Widow and I'd be fine with the film getting a similar release as Wonder Woman 1984 since this comes off as things will return back to normal in May when things will likely not be back to such on that month.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Feel free to disagree with me but I don't agree with this at all since while I wasn't happy with Warner Bros not telling cast and crew of their films planned for this year about the joint cinematic/streaming release plans, I'm just tired of waiting to see Black Widow and I'd be fine with the film getting a similar release as Wonder Woman 1984 since this comes off as things will return back to normal in May when things will likely not be back to such on that month.
I'm guessing you quoted without looking at the posts after but my opinion is a few posts after the article link.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nah, I don't think we'll see her suit up ever again. More like a news byte in Armor Wars to address the tech theft or whatever happens. Then again, someone needs to keep funding the Avengers once they reunite full time.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Nah, I don't think we'll see her suit up ever again. More like a news byte in Armor Wars to address the tech theft or whatever happens. Then again, someone needs to keep funding the Avengers once they reunite full time.
Maybe now that Nick Fury has a Skrull army or since Wakanda has such advanced tech which they've been willing to expo to the world. Also, that's kind of weird about the Pepper situation given she runs Stark Industries. What are they going to make Morgan Stark be the liaison for all that?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe now that Nick Fury has a Skrull army or since Wakanda has such advanced tech which they've been willing to expo to the world. Also, that's kind of weird about the Pepper situation given she runs Stark Industries. What are they going to make Morgan Stark be the liaison for all that?
Well, Far From Home implied Pepper is still the CEO as of 2024. I think Happy or May mentioned she authorized the Stark Industries' relief foundation to spend money to help those that returned in the Blip. Wonder how they wrangled that legally that they were funding, housing, and arming the Avengers for years. Dunno if we'll ever see Morgan again unless there's another big time skip or something set in the future. Or if she's even in the designs to lead the company eventually. Depends on if Stark Industries is public or privately held?

But yeah, Wakanda could be a contender to back the Avengers. For while, it seemed like Black Panther had the potential to become the new leader.

I doubt Justin Hammer, lol. He's probably going to pop up in Armor Wars. Osborn, hmm. Could be but may not be our Avengers.

the greenman

The mystery of who bought Avengers Tower continues :p.

Although with the FF coming in the theories about the Baxter Building hold up more now :).
Idk about that Baxter Building theory. Though that would be fun. At least it would prove Marvel put some thought into somethings like that. Right now, they kinda come off as trolls.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The implication with the cameo of the former-Avengers Tower in Far From Home was it became just another condo. The center of the building now had an open air lounge and garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts