"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Personally I was more ambivalent to it than anything else. I like BH6 in their animated incarnations so I'm not sure how I would feel about them in the MCU.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I was skeptical when I first heard about it. I'd never heard of that website before and it sounded sketchy, especially since it provided no sources.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/24: Feige gives an open answer about using the TV properties like AOS and the Netflix series saying "we'll just have to see" and "perhaps someday" but was quick to correct someone and say they have do have very big fanbases.

Holland says a deal is already worked out so there won't be another dust up between Marvel Studios and Sony in the future and says No Way Home is his last movie for his current contract.

Holland announces his contract is up for Spider-man as of "No Way Home":
2/25: Strange part of this quote is back when the 'new deal' was struck in September 2019, it was for one more Spider-Man movie and a non-solo Spider-Man MCU movie. Guess the trades were wrong or Holland is mis-remembering.

Last edited:

Johntoonfan05

2/24: Feige gives an open answer about using the TV properties like AOS and the Netflix series saying "we'll just have to see" and "perhaps someday" but was quick to correct someone and say they have do have very big fanbases.

Holland says a deal is already worked out so there won't be another dust up between Marvel Studios and Sony in the future and says No Way Home is his last movie for his current contract.

2/25: Strange part of this quote is back when the 'new deal' was struck in September 2019, it was for one more Spider-Man movie and a non-solo Spider-Man MCU movie. Guess the trades were wrong or Holland is mis-remembering.

Hmm Mis-Remembering?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Remember that Feige did say in a press interview a year or so ago FF and Mutants were 5 years out. Now I'm imagining if Wanda definitely caused them, that can have a ton of issues.
The obvious issue right now is that there's been no tease to it in WandaVision. Thinking either The Eternals are involved or some other official organization-based experimentation.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think "The Mutants" was actually considered for the title of the X-Men comic back in the '60s (unless I'm remembering things wrong or it's just a rumor I took as fact years ago :p), but wasn't used because people wouldn't know what the term means or something along those lines. I doubt that would be an issue now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think "The Mutants" was actually considered for the title of the X-Men comic back in the '60s (unless I'm remembering things wrong or it's just a rumor I took as fact years ago :p), but wasn't used because people wouldn't know what the term means or something along those lines. I doubt that would be an issue now.
That's correct and it was the original name of the team. This article has the late Stan Lee talking about that.

I recall back when Feige first mentioned FF and X-Men, it was said they're trying to rest the "X-Men" name because of how saturated (translation bad box office numbers) but I didn't think he was gonna be literal and use a new title that hearkens back to the beginnings of the comic.

reflection01

There are plenty of ways to avoid X-Men branding. Solo films for any character except Wolverine and Dark Phoenix. Probably don’t want to do Rogue (Rogue 1?).

Other titles with Mutants would work. Other mutant teams beside X-Men would be a nice change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the greenman

What are the chances we'll get Namor in the next 5 years? I think he'll obviously appear after "The Mutants" (probably &appropriately in an FF sequel). The very real fact he is Marvel's first mutant, with the news on Chris Evans returning, I can't help to imagine a scene for "the Invaders" in something.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What are the chances we'll get Namor in the next 5 years? I think he'll obviously appear after "The Mutants" (probably &appropriately in an FF sequel). The very real fact he is Marvel's first mutant, with the news on Chris Evans returning, I can't help to imagine a scene for "the Invaders" in something.
I think there's a good chance he'll be making his movie debut within that time frame. He's one of the major characters yet to turn up in the MCU, imo, and Marvel Studios knows it. I would think and hope that with the Fox merger done and dealt with and have a long term deal with Sony about Spider-Man figured out, Disney would turns its sights on Universal and deal with the Hulk and Namor rights once and for all.

While circa 2014, it didn't sound like a solo Namor movie was happening - Feige said they're the only ones that can make a movie but there's still old contracts and entanglements that complicates the process but did later say in 2018 they are still deciding if and when. If they haven't hammered the issue out already, they can still go the route with Hulk and just have him be a recurring character in other movies and/or show up in Disney+ series like you say, in a Fantastic Four movie.

And that stuff about Evans returning is bunk unless he's back in What If season 2, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts