"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly I'm fine with the delays considering that Marvel not only wants to launch all of these films in theaters and obviously wants to wait for all the theaters to actually be open for awhile and people to be up to going back to theaters and yeah considering how none of the theaters in my area are even thinking of really opening in October at all and I'm sure that's the case throughout the country it doesn't make sense to release the movie if you aren't going to get major wide numbers. There's talks that Mulan got the Disney+ treatment due to potentially not appeasing to a wide general audience regardless but that is certianly not the case with these up and coming MCU movies which they want those big 4000+ around the states all theaters open world wide potential billion dollar launches for which you won't get this year. I mean maybe December but yeah that's taken so I get the push back game even if it is annoying all of these projects keep getting delayed. Though on the plus side this will hopefully shut anyone up who was complaining about Marvel burn out (which wasn't really many people anyway) or those who thought the MCU should of ended after Endgame as yeah now without any projects there's people just waiting for more of them to come out.

the greenman

I don't know about the general audience for Mulan thing. Or else they never would have made it. It was simply the Chinese market they wanted, but for them it's like another Robin Hood or King Arthur. The pandemic is why they put it on Disney + as an experiment. I mean, they already had Lady & the Tramp.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Interesting that Eternals and Shang swapped order, too. I mean, all it is is that canon is not affected by which order they're viewed in. Guess this means Spider-Man and even Thor will get moved. Maybe Strange will stay or get bumped too.
I kind of got the sense we were moving away from a serialized arc and toward disparate side-stories after Endgame.

the greenman

I kind of got the sense we were moving away from a serialized arc and toward disparate side-stories after Endgame.
Probably a little of that in Phase 4, yes. However, I do see them setting up characters and circumstances for the future even now. I think the Disney + series is padding depth to the characters we know. The films, setting up new stuff that will pay off later. Kinda like Spider-man: Far from Home did.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

dmxx116

If Marvel Studios can bring back JK Simmons and Jamie Foxx from different non MCU Spider-Man movies they can find away to bring some OT cast from X-Men movies

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
The difference is that whether Marvel likes it or not they have to interact and be apart of Sony's vision in some form or another if they want to have Spider Man in their universe which they obviously do thus they are probably more willing to use and think of ideas for older actors from those other films to come back. With FOX though Marvel can just totally keep the slate clean with the only real ones confirmed they are keeping relate to Deadpool because duh. I don't really know outside of cameos if really keeping any of the FOX X-Men characters to replay roles would be any good especially as we don't even know what state mutants will be like in the MCU.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
10/19: Alejandra López will be coming to Burbank to direct something.

10/22: The new book The Wakanda Files has some interesting new bits (canon or not, I don't know at the moment):
-Shuri found a way to synthesize more of the herb and even has an idea to include Vibranium in it but needs a sample of the original.
-Shuri thinks Extremis still has potential in the notion the mind is a supercomputer that can be modified.
-Steve Rogers could burn 8000 calories by resting. His metabolism and immune system is what kept him alive albeit in cyrogenic hibernation.
-That remote driving Shuri did in Seoul can only be done to cars built in the 1970s and up.
-HYDRA didn't just randomly pick Sokovia, they observed a number of genetic anomalies among Sokovians, which they believed would make them perfect test-subjects for the Mind Stone experiments.
-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's abilities are the result of an ionized nervous system.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
10/22: The new book The Wakanda Files has some interesting new bits (canon or not, I don't know at the moment):
-Shuri found a way to synthesize more of the herb and even has an idea to include Vibranium in it but needs a sample of the original.
-Shuri thinks Extremis still has potential in the notion the mind is a supercomputer that can be modified.
-Steve Rogers could burn 8000 calories by resting. His metabolism and immune system is what kept him alive albeit in cyrogenic hibernation.
-That remote driving Shuri did in Seoul can only be done to cars built in the 1970s and up.
-HYDRA didn't just randomly pick Sokovia, they observed a number of genetic anomalies among Sokovians, which they believed would make them perfect test-subjects for the Mind Stone experiments.
-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's abilities are the result of an ionized nervous system.
Oh yeah, they can't really have another Black Panther without figuring out a way of reviving the herb :ack:.

If anyone could make Extremis work in a humane way, it'd probably be Wakanda :).

Never put that much thought into how a guy in a block of ice could survive :p.

Sokovia surprisingly relevant :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts