"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Rumor: Marvel Studios bringing back Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Jon Bernthal as the Punisher, and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk. But these will be separate MCU versions of the characters and the Netflix stuff will be knocked out of canon. Iron Fist and Luke Cage will reportedly be recast. Take with a grain of salt.

I would very much prefer ALL of the Marvel Television stuff to be knocked out of canon, to be honest.

Edit: Also needs to be mentioned that an Echo series is in development although that may have been stated on the site elsewhere.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Rumor: Marvel Studios bringing back Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Jon Bernthal as the Punisher, and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk. But these will be separate MCU versions of the characters and the Netflix stuff will be knocked out of canon. Iron Fist and Luke Cage will reportedly be recast. Take with a grain of salt.

I would very much prefer ALL of the Marvel Television stuff to be knocked out of canon, to be honest.

Edit: Also needs to be mentioned that an Echo series is in development although that may have been stated on the site elsewhere.
Yeah, the only new thing from that article is the rumor Kingpin will appear on Hawkeye.

AdrenalineRush1996

All I'm going to say about this is that the only Marvel Television show that should be knocked out of canon is Inhumans and nothing else. That's all I need to say about this.

Last edited:

Freddy

Netflix's Daredevil is my favorite live-action Marvel adaptation (not just TV, but period) but considering the baggage the other shows, mainly Iron Fist, would bring with them, even if only one of them was treated as canon, I can live with it being its own thing. Although, unless he just doesn't fit Marvel's plans for the character, Mike Colter deserves to reprise his role too.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Iron Fist and Luke Cage will reportedly be recast.
Pretty much have the opportunity to introduce the new Iron Fist in this upcoming Shang-Chi.
No clue on how to re-do Power Man other than he just happens to show up alongside J. Jones, jump right into them being married.

Freddy

Ok, can't help myself, here's my fan casting: Christopher Kirby as Luke Cage and Sam Claflin as Iron Fist.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Just a note to please use Spoiler Tags for "Captain America 4" discussion here for a few days seeing as it involves the developments in the latest Falcon & Winter Soldier episode, which not all might have a chance to watch right away. A separate News & Discussion thread will eventually be started sometime next week.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
lol somebody already jumped the gun on that.

Yeah sorry I only saw you guys talk about waiting AFTER I made the thread due to how exited I am about it. To be fair I do give spoiler warnings in the thread before talking about the news so no one should be spoiled who would miss all the captain america 4 news that dropped.

the greenman

Netflix's Daredevil is my favorite live-action Marvel adaptation (not just TV, but period) but considering the baggage the other shows, mainly Iron Fist, would bring with them, even if only one of them was treated as canon, I can live with it being its own thing. Although, unless he just doesn't fit Marvel's plans for the character, Mike Colter deserves to reprise his role too.
4/26: I'm not the biggest Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Heroes for Hire fan or anything, but I personally felt Cage was miscast in the show. It felt very Disney-esque. I think it's one of the few roles I could accept a c-grade rapper in the role. Think a DMX (R.I.P.) in his prime if he added about 50 lbs. Iron Fist felt weird to me too, but I just didn't know the character enough to care. I did like Misty Knight though.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

4/29: Take with salt, or not at all, but Deborah Ann Woll posted something that may hint possible return to her role:

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mod Note: Double post merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Take with salt but a new rumor about Agents of SHIELD, "Marvel does want to bring back the characters from the show, but will treat them as new to audiences. It will essentially be a soft reboot of the property and characters that will act as a tip of the hat to old fans while being completely accessible to anyone who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Bautista confirms Gunn laid out a Drax-Mantis movie awhile ago but he hasn't heard anything more about it and thinks Vol. 3 will be his last outing as Drax.

Frontier

Staff member
Take with salt but a new rumor about Agents of SHIELD, "Marvel does want to bring back the characters from the show, but will treat them as new to audiences. It will essentially be a soft reboot of the property and characters that will act as a tip of the hat to old fans while being completely accessible to anyone who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
I guess they could set them up as like a government task force or new SHIELD equivalent since SWORD wasn't really that...
Bautista confirms Gunn laid out a Drax-Mantis movie awhile ago but he hasn't heard anything more about it and thinks Vol. 3 will be his last outing as Drax.
I just want them to introduce Moondragon...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Maya Rudolph's cool and all, but does she have to be the mom in every animated movie?
Streaker Prower wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
The Reason Why I choose the Disney's One Saturday Morning Name instead of ABC Kids it’s because I don’t want to confused it with the other ABC Kids, The one that airs The Australian Peppa Pig
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

Featured Posts