"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmxx116

James Marsden is open to the idea working with Marvel Studios:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Why would they even consider Marsden over Tye Sheridan.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Probably because even X-Men: The Last Stand did better then Dark Phoenix? Seriously why would they consider EITHER of them when it's clear the only way you would have a shot at getting back into the MCU if your character within the FOX Universe was so universally beloved you would HAVE to say the actor just didn't want to do it anymore. That's why they previously talked with Patrick Stewart to see if there was a chance he wanted back in and nothing happened with that so we can have someone else play Professor X. Notice how the same thing didn't happen with James MacAvoy who yeah did well in the role but NEVER had the universal appeal that Stewart did. Which is why it's likely the only people who will really come back is Ryan Reynolds and anyone associated with Deadpool he wants to come back.

It won't be Marsden or Sheridan. Even if you like those actors or like their takes on Cyclops they did NOTHING in those movies that even got enough focus or general audience attention to care if they were rescheduled. And since Cyclops is a pretty important X-Men character whenever they get to him I'm sure the MCU wants to make sure he's done right so yeah going to start over fresh on that one.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
It's still probably too soon for Invisible Woman.

Maybe Spider-Woman it'd be a rare case where Emily Blunt doesn't have to do an accent.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm. Well it's gotta be back half Phase 4 or Phase 5. Still a wide swath: Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, Guardians, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel. Yeah, too early for Invisible Woman but lord knows the Internet is fancasting her as Sue and Krakinski as Reed. Spider-Woman would be cool. Always the possibility it's a villain role. Hmm. Unless she's one of their choices for Clea.

the greenman

It's still probably too soon for Invisible Woman.

Maybe Spider-Woman it'd be a rare case where Emily Blunt doesn't have to do an accent.
Not really. I'm in the boat Fantastic Four will be dealt with before X-MEN. I have a feeling they probably asked Stewart to reprise the role on a "Multiverse" basis. Making a cameo in a film.

My assumption is Fantastic Four is too closely tied to the Cosmic facet of the universe for them to wait too long. Depending on how long they plan on staying with that idea. Seeing how they already have supernatural Phase 5 plans in place, it's unsure exactly how they go about it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I really hope the MCU Deadpool movies are R-rated.

Would give Samuel L. Jackson an opportunity to say the MF word as Nick Fury.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not really. I'm in the boat Fantastic Four will be dealt with before X-MEN. I have a feeling they probably asked Stewart to reprise the role on a "Multiverse" basis. Making a cameo in a film.

My assumption is Fantastic Four is too closely tied to the Cosmic facet of the universe for them to wait too long. Depending on how long they plan on staying with that idea. Seeing how they already have supernatural Phase 5 plans in place, it's unsure exactly how they go about it.
Yeah, I'm in the FF boat, too, but I don't think time is an issue, they don't seem too keen on a straight through narrative like Thanos in Phase 1 to 3 and are playing looser with structure. I mean, the line up for Phase 4 alone says that. There's no way they all inter connect with each other or if there's even going to be a central big bad. And now they have Disney+ at their disposal to tell even more stories during Phases. FF seems on paper easier to debut in the MCU than the X-Men. But yes, I concede, maybe there are some actors they want to grab sooner than later who are kinda getting up there in years. So far it's 4 going on 5 years since the last FF movie. Maybe 2 more years till the next. Seems right. X-Men they might let chill until the mid-2020s, maybe even more.

EDIT: Oops, but I digress. It very likely has to be a big role for Blunt but she must have some preference of certain type of character if she passed on Widow and Carter and was not chosen for Marvel (is that accurate?).

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I'm in the FF boat, too, but I don't think time is an issue, they don't seem too keen on a straight through narrative like Thanos in Phase 1 to 3 and are playing looser with structure. I mean, the line up for Phase 4 alone says that. There's no way they all inter connect with each other or if there's even going to be a central big bad. And now they have Disney+ at their disposal to tell even more stories during Phases. FF seems on paper easier to debut in the MCU than the X-Men. But yes, I concede, maybe there are some actors they want to grab sooner than later who are kinda getting up there in years. So far it's 4 going on 5 years since the last FF movie. Maybe 2 more years till the next. Seems right. X-Men they might let chill until the mid-2020s, maybe even more.
Right now it seems like they're mostly doing world-buidling films or introducing new concepts/characters to the MCU then building up to a bigger narrative.
EDIT: Oops, but I digress. It very likely has to be a big role for Blunt but she must have some preference of certain type of character if she passed on Widow and Carter and was not chosen for Marvel (is that accurate?).
I think it was less that she didn't want to play those characters and more she just couldn't fit it into her schedule.

the greenman

Can I say I feel both Sue Storm and Jean Grey have that classical 60's vibe. It's up to the actresses and filmmakers to update them with respect. I mean, we all remember Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner cracking jokes during an interview about Black Widow sexually. That was almost a step back for the genre for non-fans.

Heck Jessica Alba as Sue WAS a step back for me. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in a way was too, imho.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts