"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely will also have a panel at SDCC.
The two writers — who also wrote Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World for Marvel Studios — will be appearing in Hall H on Friday, July 19 at 10 a.m., in a panel moderated by Jeff Goldsmith, publisher of Backstory Magazine and host of The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith podcast.

the greenman

Yeah it's obvious. Sony is a little overkill. I think the only Spider-Man crossover promotion I hadn't seen was Spider-Man bandaids. Though don't forgive Disney, cause they'd do that too.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
D'oh!
6fd7b9646ea8c03815eab93e8a86ac88.jpg
a4d3823d22e7503e6f587ce3e35b8258.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
Watts confirmed Uncle Ben exists but his status seems to be kept ambiguous for now...
It does kind of make you wonder how long they'll go before covering the origin in some form. I know they seem to be going out of there way not to deal with it, but it seems like something they have to address at some point.

(Probably when they feel comfortable not needing to address Iron Man as much).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It does kind of make you wonder how long they'll go before covering the origin in some form. I know they seem to be going out of there way not to deal with it, but it seems like something they have to address at some point.

(Probably when they feel comfortable not needing to address Iron Man as much).
When they first said that was Peter in Iron Man 2, I became a little concerned they next reveal was Ben got killed during that expo. But yeah, caught me by surprise, it seems like they might be toying with that he's still alive.

the greenman

Watts confirmed Uncle Ben exists but his status seems to be kept ambiguous for now...
I would love to see Dennis Quaid as Ben. Perhaps they might do the S.H.I.E.LD. agents like in ASM.

EDIT: I was referring to Peter's parents being alive, but was talking maybe they'll change things up with Uncle Ben.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
When they first said that was Peter in Iron Man 2, I became a little concerned they next reveal was Ben got killed during that expo. But yeah, caught me by surprise, it seems like they might be toying with that he's still alive.
I get that they want their version of Spider-Man to be different from past versions but I feel there's only so much you can stretch and change things without just making him a completely different character.

Like, Uncle Ben alive? I think that's taking things too far.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
There's no way they're waiting until July 2020 (when one of those movies will have already been out) to release they're phase 4 schedule. However I'm with brodie in thinking we may get that released at D23 next month as that's the specific just Disney release focus event. Or maybe we'll get the schedule at comic con but some of the specific extras (like actors and maybe some more base plot summaries or ideas of what the film will be about) at D23. Hard to say as yeah would be weird to have no big announcement at Comic Con but I'm sure they also want to save a lot for D23 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts