"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

The so-called Avengers "Trinity" (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor) are bound to return for at least some cameos. If not scenes like Falcon in Ant Man. It would be smart of Feige to keep them on some kinda payroll, regardless if it isn't starring. Especially now that they're expanding into FF and X-Men territory.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter

the greenman

Pretty interesting, she will probably be worth keeping around. I can't help but wonder if Simon Kinberg was brought in to replace Fiege in a way and if Dark Phoenix is as terrible as it sounds he's probably gone for good. I can't help but wonder who they could bring in though.
Yeah, Kinberg has been both quiet and busy with his supposed X-Men two-parter. I'm thinking he'll stick around much like Pascal at Sony and not booted like Arad. Now, if he silently disappeared from the MCU stuff, he still might have a presence with Lucasfilm.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Which I guess inadvertently confirms a third Ant-Man movie :p.
1/7: And the longest title of the trilogy probably. ;)

1/8: Seems a couple shows in development didn't make the cut as hinted by ABC President Dungey at the TCA.
We developed a couple of things this season that we don’t think are going to end up going forward, so we’re going to look really carefully about what we do next.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, there's still that John Ridley project that doesn't seem to be appearing anytime soon...
Yeah, plus one or two comedy titles, Damage Control is probably passed up on, the Ghost Rider rumor, the Blade rumor, the female-led show, the Captain Britain pitch. To be a fly on the wall...

the greenman

They're probably working out alot of things right now with both the film and television divisions. So, they have to halt production on things that they really wanted.

On the issue of Damage Control, I'm wondering if that would be a partnering with SONY Television.

the greenman

Slightly related info:

Marvel regains rights to Conan the Barbarian:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-conan-license/amp/

“From Barry Windsor-Smith to John Buscema to Neal Adams, a legendary lineup of amazing artists brought Conan to life in the pages of Marvel comics,” Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski said in a statement. “It’s a legacy we’re now going to live up to with the talent we have lined up for the Cimmerian barbarian’s homecoming in early 2019. We’re excited!

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Conan was part of Marvel for 23 years it's played such an important role in Marvel for so long it never should have left.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Forget Conan, I still want to see that Simon Williams Arkon movie that got cut from Guardians Vol. 2 :p.
If they revive the One-Shots, it would be pretty cool to see 'extended trailers' for some of those movies from Vol. 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts