"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,238 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
When tweeted if he’d ever include The Thing, Iron Man, Kitty Pride, or Agent Venom in a future iteration of the Guardians, Gunn replied:
As of today, I wouldn’t find adding any of those characters interesting. I really am more of a fan of the [Dan] Abnett/[Andy] Lanning stuff as opposed to the stuff that came after the movie or first screenplay.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,541 46
Sherman Oaks CA
When tweeted if he’d ever include The Thing, Iron Man, Kitty Pride, or Agent Venom in a future iteration of the Guardians, Gunn replied:
Not that I doubt him, but I do find it kind of weird to see him say he's more of a fan of the Abnett/Lanning Guardians given how different his take on the team and their stories is from that run :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,238 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Not that I doubt him, but I do find it kind of weird to see him say he's more of a fan of the Abnett/Lanning Guardians given how different his take on the team and their stories is from that run :sweat:.
1/14: Yeah, I think that takeaway from that is Gunn like's old school stuff and will take inspiration from that than look at the current runs.

1/23: Russo Brothers still have Avengers on their plates but said their relationship with Marvel has been the strongest of their career and they are open to doing more movies with them.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,541 46
Sherman Oaks CA
1/23: Russo Brothers still have Avengers on their plates but said their relationship with Marvel has been the strongest of their career and they are open to doing more movies with them.
It's good to know that they're relationship with Marvel is strong and that they're willing to do more films in the MCU :).

I doubt they'd want to approach another Avengers movie, though they'd be my top pick for Black Widow ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,727 7
Framingham, MA
President of Marvel Entertainment Dan Buckley conveys they will continue to choose different networks and platforms for content so it doesn't look like everything will be sent to the Disney Streaming Service.
I actually think that's ridiculous. I cannot subscribe to all of those platforms and Marvel is dumb to think that I should. They should find one service and release everything there.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,238 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
1/25: There were plans to visit Wakanda several times before BP but they were scrapped.

If I recall, there were some Wakanda concept art attached to Age of Ultron.

1/30: Feige stresses they aren't thinking about X-Men and FF yet since everything is 'still being figured out' - legalities - and Marvel is focusing on the current slate announced up to 2019. It won't be years until they show up. Nothing has been adjusted in any of the movies in development for them.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,238 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Depending on how things even out with Phase 4, I'm curious to see how long before they might start integrating the X-Men and FF, if they even do at all...
They could end Avengers 4 with a teaser of Galactus ordering Silver Surfer to find a planet worthy of his appetite. But that's the ever optimistic fanboy in me.

I'm also curious how long they will wait and if waiting means the current X-Men brain trust has more time to make movies and non-canon shows.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,541 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Ryan Coogler revealed early drafts of "Black Panther" had the debut of Patriot/Elijah Bradley but they decided to focus on Wakanda.
Eli appearing here would've been a little odd given he's more connected to the Captain America mythos, but it would've been nice to see him (and add another Young Avenger to the MCU) :).

Of course, given how Marvel has made a concerned effort to downplay him in the comics, I'm wondering if they really would have been allowed to use him...

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,978 5 1
the point of no return
Eli appearing here would've been a little odd given he's more connected to the Captain America mythos, but it would've been nice to see him (and add another Young Avenger to the MCU) :).

Of course, given how Marvel has made a concerned effort to downplay him in the comics, I'm wondering if they really would have been allowed to use him...
Indeed, that would've been a little much.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.