"Marvel Anime" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - Marvel Anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

kid rabbit

my only problem with the x-men is that Emma Frost is completey excused from Jean's death
I think it would be better storywise that Emma was involed in Jean's death and left because the inner circle because of that it would of made her a charter seeking redemtion and her put a interesting twist on her relateionship with armor(her prefect teacher isn't so prefect)

RoryWilliams

I like the dynamic with Frost. She still was involved with horrible people (which gives the X-Men a reason to distrust her), but at her core she's still a good person.

And the scene with 'Roro and Hisako was adorable.

TheGunheart

Darkness and Disgrace
So...how many adaptations has Cyclops been capable of simply vaporizing stuff? I recall the cartoon and the movie had it as more of a long-range punch, and I think I remember it being that in the early comics.

To be honest, I kind of prefer it in this anime. Don't know, just seems more like a "leader" power in terms of how dangerous it comes across as.

RoryWilliams

So...how many adaptations has Cyclops been capable of simply vaporizing stuff? I recall the cartoon and the movie had it as more of a long-range punch, and I think I remember it being that in the early comics.

To be honest, I kind of prefer it in this anime. Don't know, just seems more like a "leader" power in terms of how dangerous it comes across as.

They're usually treated as a concussive thing, but he does indeed use it to burn and vaporize things. In the Wolverine movie, he (and later that lame Deadpool) sears a massive hole in his school the first time he uses them. During the Planet X storyline in the comics, he horribly burns Magneto's face and blows up his helmet after hitting him with blast to the face.

Azrayel

I don't know if it's just me but the Japanese girl kinda ruins the show for me. I get that show is going to be taking place in Japan and they need a Japanese character, but couldn't we get someone that doesn't complain so much?

Other than that I'm liking this show, I hope we get to see some well know X-Men villians soon.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I don't know if it's just me but the Japanese girl kinda ruins the show for me. I get that show is going to be taking place in Japan and they need a Japanese character, but couldn't we get someone that doesn't complain so much?

Other than that I'm liking this show, I hope we get to see some well know X-Men villians soon.

A lot of people assume that Hisako was made for the show, but nope. She was in the comics. And she was Japanese in the comics, and she had the same powers. I can't vouch for her whiny personality, though.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
Hisako actually showed some of that in the most recent episode, with her bad-mouthing Cyclops, her nervously laughing at the Sentinel, and her screaming about Cyclops "being out of his mind" when he was trying to zap her. So it's not like they're writing her OOC, and considering her circumstances its within her rights to whine a bit and not jump at the call.

I'm actually surprised IGN hated this episode, I thought this was a fairly strong outing. The animation was really nice this episode.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
So, uh, the casting of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Marsh was, um, a very interesting casting decision, though other than a couple of McGlynn delivery trademarks it wasn't obvious it was her.

Other than that, I've noticed that the fight choreography was a bit confusing like episode 4 was. I think G4 chose some poorly-placed timecuts as well which added to the confusion, much like the last episode with it removing Storm destroying Sublime's aerial machine.

Also, Stephanie Sheh's voice sounds like it's falling apart by the episode. It's sounding really husky, like Hisako's smoking two packs a day or something. It's getting distracting.

BonnieB21:-)

Keep Missing Marvel Anime

I tend to fall asleep right before whatever late night programming I want to see including The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Letterman, Ferguson, Bleach, Durarara, FMA:B, and Marvel Anime.

All of these other shows, I can either catch on a rerun or On Demand, except Marvel Anime. I used to go through the hassle of taping all those episodes of FMA and other anime and then I realized I could just watch On Demand. Where is the free, legal place to catch repeats of Marvel Anime?

I've looked on G4's On Demand page, G4's website, Marvel's website, Marvel & G4's youtube pages. Nothing! I know G4 repeats Marvel Anime sometimes at 2:00AM or Sunday mornings. But I still miss them. Is Marvel Anime even offered online?

I AM NOT ASKING FOR BIT TORRENTS (I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WORK) OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS. JUST WHERE TO CATCH RERUNS OF MARVEL ANIME!!!!!

trance2009

Good night everybody!
I tend to fall asleep right before whatever late night programming I want to see including The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Letterman, Ferguson, Bleach, Durarara, FMA:B, and Marvel Anime.

All of these other shows, I can either catch on a rerun or On Demand, except Marvel Anime. I used to go through the hassle of taping all those episodes of FMA and other anime and then I realized I could just watch On Demand. Where is the free, legal place to catch repeats of Marvel Anime?

I've looked on G4's On Demand page, G4's website, Marvel's website, Marvel & G4's youtube pages. Nothing! I know G4 repeats Marvel Anime sometimes at 2:00AM or Sunday mornings. But I still miss them. Is Marvel Anime even offered online?

I AM NOT ASKING FOR BIT TORRENTS (I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WORK) OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS. JUST WHERE TO CATCH RERUNS OF MARVEL ANIME!!!!!

They rerun them Sat. nights around 9 or 10, and again Sunday mornings around 9 am. That's all I know of.

TheGunheart

Darkness and Disgrace
So, uh, the casting of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Marsh was, um, a very interesting casting decision, though other than a couple of McGlynn delivery trademarks it wasn't obvious it was her.

Other than that, I've noticed that the fight choreography was a bit confusing like episode 4 was. I think G4 chose some poorly-placed timecuts as well which added to the confusion, much like the last episode with it removing Storm destroying Sublime's aerial machine.

Also, Stephanie Sheh's voice sounds like it's falling apart by the episode. It's sounding really husky, like Hisako's smoking two packs a day or something. It's getting distracting.

Yeah, I was like...wait? How did they survive the avalanche? They just suddenly regrouped and were standing atop the Blackbird.

I hope it gets a completely uncut home video release of some sort. I'd gladly buy a complete series Blu-Ray.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I liked this episode. The mystery set-up was nicely done, although I think they made it a bit obvious that Yui wasn't to be trusted.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
The X-Men anime is definitely worth a purchase, I agree. I'm basically just nitpicking, I'm really happy with how the story's shaped up so far. I'm getting annoyed at some things but it's definitely not bad. Plus it's kinda cool to hear Mary McGlynn play non-Mary McGlynn roles . . . though I wish she wasn't Marsh. That's just creepy. :sweat:

On another note, the way Marsh was moving in that fight scene brought to mind some of Naruto's more violent fights in that franchise's theatrical entries. It shows there's some serious budget here. I just wish things were choreographed better.

One thing I noticed is that extras in Wolverine dub are showing up in the X-Men dub as more significant characters. I wonder if the extras in the X-Men dub are going to be playing mains or secondaries in Blade? Hmm.

I also noticed the dub (as well as the Wolverine and Iron Man dubs) tend to reuse VAs over and over in walla roles. It's somewhat annoying.

The Blade dub has its work cut out for it. Akio Ohtsuka and Maaya Sakamoto are two of Japan's most famous and applauded VAs (and, if rumors about the crappy animation prove true, hiring them must've killed the budget XD). Just a few more weeks I guess.

RoryWilliams

I really liked that young scientist claimed she heard of the X-Men because they teamed up with Sunfire. Nice little nod to one of the more obscure X-Men as well as a bit of a joke about him being more popular than his teammates in Japan.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
I must say that I like how this X-Men show added Emma Frost and Hisako to the team and made it feel totally natural, unforced, even enjoyable. And thank goodness we have Cyclops working through his issues and not basically going "JEEEEAAAAAANNNNNN!" the entire series. I was worried for awhile about that when Wolverine was arguing with Cyclops in the first episode.

So far, not bad. I'd place it second behind X-Men Evolution as things stand, which is pretty darn good considering that it lacks Magneto. The only problem is that it's too short. I could watch DTV movies with these designs and this setup forever.

Beat

Retired
Why was this not made a full series? Besides the obvious problem of where to put it, this is so much better than Wolverine and the X-Men it's not even funny. Not to mention, save Iron Man due to his movie deal, the X-Men are the most recognizable of the four anyway and there's more than enough Wolverine to spare. It seems almost...wasteful.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Yeah, I was like...wait? How did they survive the avalanche? They just suddenly regrouped and were standing atop the Blackbird
Thank you! I thought I had just completely missed something and kept thinking about how the heck did they get out that mess. Something seemed off, but I just wasn't sure if it was me or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hi, I've been looking for Polish dubbed episodes of Summer Camp Island for two years now, and I have this request, do you have any recorded episodes in Polish? If so, please send them to me by email.
So I found this random image for the original Chicken Squad books, and wow. It's really good to see the show giving the titular squad more diverse designs.

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts