"Marvel Animation on Hulu" General News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Medinnus

Staff member
the Hulu cartoons are giving me Hellstrom vibes to where they were in production too far enough before Feige got creative control to get immediately axed, which makes me wonder just how much Marvel is genuinely willing to support them.

An unfortunate reality of the corporate world - tech, animation, anything - is that people who inherit others' projects often scuttle them for budget/resource reasons, which then get assigned to their own projects. Those projects - hopefully successful - then become part of their resumes. This is (basically) what inspired the cancellation of AEMH in favor of Avengers Assemble.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
the Hulu cartoons are giving me Hellstrom vibes to where they were in production too far enough before Feige got creative control to get immediately axed, which makes me wonder just how much Marvel is genuinely willing to support them.
Well, they're releasing a tie-in comic focused on MODOK...
A very minor update, but ABC News mentions that Hit-Monkey is still in the works.
Seems like we keep forgetting about that one because we've heard so little about it :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
03/03:
Well, the most recent report prior to this (from December 2020) mentioned MODOK and Hit-Monkey are all that remains from Jeph Loeb's Marvel/Hulu projects. I thought that would be enough confirmation both shows will be produced and released.

03/11:
Looking through the WonderCon schedule, there's a Q&A session with the cast and crew of M.O.D.O.K. listed for March 27 at 12:00 pm PT.

03/27:
Here's the WonderCon panel for M.O.D.O.K..

Also an article on Marvel.com with some more character designs and additions to the cast.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So, just to recap, the new guest-stars announced are Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man, Whoopi Goldberg as Poundcakes, Bill Hader as both the Leader and Angar the Screamer, and Jon Hamm as Iron Man. Sounds like a pretty solid cast to me.

Frontier

Staff member
So, just to recap, the new guest-stars announced are Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man, Whoopi Goldberg as Poundcakes, Bill Hader as both the Leader and Angar the Screamer, and Jon Hamm as Iron Man. Sounds like a pretty solid cast to me.
Jon Hamm as Iron Man is pretty inspired, I'm not gonna lie :p.

And hey, Nathan Fillion gets to actually play Simon Williams! As Wonder Man, to boot ;).

Kind of curious what Bill Hader's Leader will sound like...

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
It's a shame the Howard show won't be happening, that was the one I was looking forward to most- it's especially becoming more of a bummer seeing how different and higher the levels of production are for the MODOK show. That's exciting and fun and I wish we'd get more lol.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
It's a shame the Howard show won't be happening, that was the one I was looking forward to most- it's especially becoming more of a bummer seeing how different and higher the levels of production are for the MODOK show. That's exciting and fun and I wish we'd get more lol.
Same. I'm gutted that said shows were scrapped as a result of Marvel Television's folding.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
04/07:
I think this is the rumor that was recently brought up in the "Future of Marvel Animation" topic. I'm kind of skeptical myself, don't know how accurate the source is but the Deadline article they included in the article doesn't mention anything about Deadpool.

04/20:
Minor but here's a new poster for M.O.D.O.K..

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
So...has MODOK always had a big head and it just keeps growing in this continuity :sweat:?

Wonder Man is sleeping with MODOK's wife? Okay Simon :p.

Kind of sounds like Jon Hamm is doing a bit of an RDJ impression himself as Iron Man here...

Asgard! I wonder if that's where Valkyrie will show up :)?

Fin Fang Foom! Haven't seen him in a while :D.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts