"Marvel Animation on Hulu" General News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Description for the NYCC panel. Kind of a minor note since it doesn't really reveal anything new nor the dates this takes place or the show is supposed to premiere.
Cast Of Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. Reveals First Look At Hulu’s New Animated Series
First Look At Hulu & Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. Everyone’s favorite big-headed, egomaniacal supervillain is coming to Hulu! Get an exclusive first look at the upcoming adult animated series, Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K., hear from creators Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum and meet our hilarious cast of characters voiced by Aimee Garcia, Ben Schwartz and Melissa Fumero. Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. is coming soon to Hulu.

thisguyisnotcool

I actually like the art style. I'm am curious why the went with stop motion. I guess the figured Robot Chicken is popular adult animated show so go with that studio. Better than being a Family Guy clone I guess

TFormersMarvel

Yeah, some quick observations that the SYFY Wire interview sort of glossed over:

• Wonder-Man ◊, The Melter ◊, and possibly Valkyire ◊ making appearances. The Super Apatiod will also appear, longing for freedom from M.O.D.O.K.'s family so he can make art.
  • M.O.D.O.K.'s bi-racial Latinx family is original and living in suburban New Jersey:
    • Lou, M.O.D.O.K and Jodie's test tube son, really sounds and acts like a "Ben Schwartz" character. He's an optimistic oddball.
    • Melissa is M.O.D.O.K's first child, and a Queen Bee Gender Flip take on her father with daddy issues and supervillainess aspirations. The cast teases a messed up, yet heartwarming bonding moment with her dad in an episode.
    • Jodie, as M.O.D.O.K.'s wife, is touted as having a progressive arc when realizing that M.O.D.O.K.'s stubbornness is affecting the family (compared to other sitcom mothers), going from "housewife to supervillain" without realizing. She's an entrepreneur and hosts a Mommy blog.
  • Monica Rappaccini, who you may remember from the Marvel's Avengers video game, will be the workplace nemesis and have a "science-off" in Episode 5.
  • Patton was surprised about Marvel's hands-off nature, even allowing them to pull elements from the X-Men side of Marvel (which they teased twice throughout). They compare their hodgepodge idea pull being similar to The LEGO Batman Movie or Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
  • Ben Schwartz really wants to voice Slapstick.

RoryWilliams

Clips were funny. What stood out to me was Oswalt saying they were allowed to use characters from the X-Men corner of Marvel, something that even surprised him.

This is the first Marvel cartoon actually using X-Men characters since what...the first season of Avengers Assemble back in 2013? Or whenever was Wolverine's last guest spot in Ultimate Spider-Man?

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, some quick observations that the SYFY Wire interview sort of glossed over:

• Wonder-Man ◊, The Melter ◊, and possibly Valkyire ◊ making appearances. The Super Apatiod will also appear, longing for freedom from M.O.D.O.K.'s family so he can make art.
I'm hyped to see Simon again as a hero in a cartoon again :D.

I thought we were getting classic Valkyrie but unsurprisingly it's MCU Valkyrie. I hope she's not stunt-casted again...
This is the first Marvel cartoon actually using X-Men characters since what...the first season of Avengers Assemble back in 2013? Or whenever was Wolverine's last guest spot in Ultimate Spider-Man?
I'm 90% certain it was Wolverine's guest appearance in season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man with Captain America and Arcade.

bigdaddy313

I'm hyped to see Simon again as a hero in a cartoon again :D.

I thought we were getting classic Valkyrie but unsurprisingly it's MCU Valkyrie. I hope she's not stunt-casted again...

I'm 90% certain it was Wolverine's guest appearance in season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man with Captain America and Arcade.
Actually season 3 of ultimate spider-man savage land episode

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Did anyone from Super Mansion work on this? The look of the show definitely reminded me a lot of what I've seen from that one. I do think it looks better than I initially expected. Though it's not what I've wanted, my fingers are crossed that we can at least get a decent looking show.

It's nice to see the Fox characters getting used more and more in animation again. Please no more character embargoes ever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.
I'm currently developing a concept called "The Anime Superhero Hotel", which is a building I dreamed about in the twilight hours today.
Asa wrote on Neo Ultra Mike's profile.

Featured Posts