"Marvel Animation on Hulu" General News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Reactions: Frontier

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Kevin Smith and Dave Willis talk Howard the Duck.
Reflecting on what it means to tackle the story of Howard the Duck, Smith told Marvel.com, “The times we’re living in deserve an orator who can identify all the quacks in the system - a straight-shooter who won’t leave us holding the bill. Thanks to Marvel & Hulu, I get to do fowl things to one of my all-time favorite comic book characters in animation! Let’s be honest: I’m not talented enough to handle any of the Avengers but Howard is definitely in my wheelhouse! However, the real brains of our operation is a legit cartoon genius: the great Meatwad himself, ‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force’s’ Dave Willis! So prepare to get Ducked hard!”
Said David Willis, regarding the upcoming Hulu series, “I’m looking forward to working with Kevin on bringing Howard to the flat screen. And I know if I screw this up, I’ll never be able to show my face at Comic-Con ever again. Nerds will hunt me the rest of my days.”

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
February 19th:
Note there's some fowl foul language in the link, but Kevin Smith mentioned among other things, he's already asked Lea Thompson to join the cast of Howard the Duck. Apparently he also saw some tests for the other shows and thinks they're astounding.

February 28th:
More comments from Kevin Smith. Again, there's some NSFW language in there.

March 1st:
Patton Oswalt also briefly talks about M.O.D.O.K.. Starts around the 2:10 mark, it only lasts a minute or so, and it's nothing really new, but I thought it would be worth posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

bigdaddy313

Jul 23, 2012
They should announce quick which animation studio is animating the projects, I am very curious.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Cort lane talks a little about the Hulu shows:
Nrama: There have been a lot of animated Marvel projects announced across platforms such as Hulu and Disney+ in recent weeks. Is Marvel Animation directly involved with those projects, and are you exploring streaming platforms like Hulu and Disney+ for your media?

Lane: We are exploring those platforms, and there will be announcements later. That’s all I can say specifically.

And to your point about what we’re focused on next, Marvel Animation is exploring new animation styles, new genres including comedy that is maybe more meta or more out there, more wild and wacky. That’s all part of the plan.

Reactions: Rick Jones