"Marvel Animation on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I could see this maybe being 10-13 episodes, give or take.

I am kind of surprised they haven't announced more cartoons for the service though. Really curious to see what they do on that front :confused:.
Yeah, the announcements for animation have been a little light other than Monsters Inc, What If and The Simpsons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frontier

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
Yeah, the announcements for animation have been a little light other than Monsters Inc, What If and The Simpsons.

Don't forget The Clone Wars. Honestly, my question is how much money they'll put into What If. Will it be really good animation like EMH or even Ultimate Spider-Man, or will it just be par for the course for Marvel animation these days and look as cheap as one can get?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Ultimate Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy will also be on the service.

Surprisingly no Marvel's Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble (or other older Marvel shows).
Don't forget The Clone Wars. Honestly, my question is how much money they'll put into What If. Will it be really good animation like EMH or even Ultimate Spider-Man, or will it just be par for the course for Marvel animation these days and look as cheap as one can get?
I have to imagine, with Feige involved and this being connected to the MCU, it will get a sizeable animation budget.

Unless all the money goes to casting the MCU actors :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Honestly, I expect there would be a reasonable budget behind this. It was reported the live-action shows would have a bigger budget than a normal TV show, and it was hinted they were putting some real effort into the Marvel toons for Hulu. So I see no real reason why these would be an exception. (Of course, it's only a theory :p)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I'm really looking forward to hearing more about who will be behind What If?, and eventually getting an idea of what the show will look like. If they do end up trying to replicate designs based on the movies, I hope they are more successful at it than the Disney XD shows were.

I imagine some other animation studio might be involved with production since Marvel Studios has no division dedicated to animation or anything.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'm really looking forward to hearing more about who will be behind What If?, and eventually getting an idea of what the show will look like. If they do end up trying to replicate designs based on the movies, I hope they are more successful at it than the Disney XD shows were.

I imagine some other animation studio might be involved with production since Marvel Studios has no division dedicated to animation or anything.

I am kind of leaning towards them using Titmouse, if only because they're doing the Moon Girl cartoon and also some of those cool Star Wars animations based on older movies :).

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I am kind of leaning towards them using Titmouse, if only because they're doing the Moon Girl cartoon and also some of those cool Star Wars animations based on older movies :).
Titmouse handled the Spider-Ham short recently as well.

I've kind of wanted to see Titmouse involved with a Marvel show since GI Joe Resolute. They'd do things like Black Panther, or the Marvel Heroes game or their Deadpool pitch but it still wasn't the fully realized show that I wanted to see. Being on board the Moon Girl show had me very excited but we have had no news. If they were working on What If?, I'd be very okay with it.

I'm glad they were able to to patch up after that Deadpool fiasco.
I don't think there was much to patch up. Titmouse made their pitch but another studio won the job, until they lost the job.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I am a little disappointed that they didn't have any of the Avengers anime's listed.

Are we ever going to be able to watch those legally :p?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
It would be pretty cool if the English dubs of Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers and Marvel Future Avengers showed up here. From the countries that aired the English dub, it was on Disney XD, so they could put them on here . I heard Jason Spisak as Deadpool in one clip on Behind The Voice Actors , and he is awesome, and it would be interesting to hear Erica Lindbeck as Captain Marvel as well as Kathreen Khavari as Miss Marvel in her first anime.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I could not find a thread for this news (despite being a bit old), but it looks like Marvel is making a What If animated anthology series for Disney plus:

Now What if comics were kinda fun, due to not having to worry about continuity or long term consequences, so they can just kill characters off. What If comics can be super silly or super dark, depending on the subject matter. You can go from stories where the Watcher is acting silly because no one is watching him to stories where the galaxy gets destroyed or demons invade Earth and use humans as slaves and food:

Though this What If series seems to be focused on the MCU, rather then the regular Marvel Universe. I doubt they will get the MCU actors back for this series (they can just hire sound-alikes), so what kind of scenarios would you like to see in this series?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I could not find a thread for this news (despite being a bit old), but it looks like Marvel is making a What If animated anthology series for Disney plus:

Though this What If series seems to be focused on the MCU, rather then the regular Marvel Universe. I doubt they will get the MCU actors back for this series (they can just hire sound-alikes), so what kind of scenarios would you like to see in this series?
There's a general "Marvel Animation on Disney+" topic. I merged the threads, since that's where this show is being discussed.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I need some kind of news or update on this, Moon Girl or the Hulu shows during SDCC.

I feel like between this year's SDCC or D23 we might be getting more Marvel Animation news then the usual basic stuff considering Marvel's Spider-Man might be only ongoing show still left by then and they seem to have several stuff in the works.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I feel like between this year's SDCC or D23 we might be getting more Marvel Animation news then the usual basic stuff considering Marvel's Spider-Man might be only ongoing show still left by then and they seem to have several stuff in the works.
It does indeed feel as though there is a lot of animation that we could probably be hearing about throughout the year.

- What If?
- Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
- More Marvel Rising or Lego Projects
- The four Hulu shows
- Any possible Sony projects
- Projects that haven't been revealed or rumored about yet.

I look forward to hearing or seeing anything. I imagine we would definitely get What If? news at D23.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
It does indeed feel as though there is a lot of animation that we could probably be hearing about throughout the year.

- What If?
- Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
- More Marvel Rising or Lego Projects
- The four Hulu shows
- Any possible Sony projects
- Projects that haven't been revealed or rumored about yet.

I look forward to hearing or seeing anything. I imagine we would definitely get What If? news at D23.

Cort Lane said they would have stuff to announce over the Summer, some possibly involving Fox properties like the X-Men or FF.

It will be interesting to see how they juggle the Marvel cartoons between Disney XD, Marvel HQ, Disney+, and Hulu.

Reactions: Rick Jones

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Minor update, but there will be details about some of the Disney+ original programming at the D23 Expo on August 23rd. They don't mention anything about Marvel animation specifically, but who knows what they might announce there.
I wouldn't be surprised to get a teaser for What If, but it would be nice to see some more Marvel cartoons announced :).

Reactions: Rick Jones

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC
I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.