"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The new Marvel-themed Simpsons animated short debuts today on Disney+! This thread can be used to discuss the cartoon, if anyone wishes to comment on it.
smgbl.jpg
In the short, titled “The Good, The Bart, and The Loki”, The God of Mischief is banished from Asgard yet again and must face his toughest opponents yet: the Simpsons and Springfield’s mightiest heroes. In the crossover event—paying tribute to the superheroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as its villains—Loki ultimately ends up joining forces with none other than Bart Simpson (Nancy Cartwright).
Loki star Tom Hiddleston will voice the character of the same name in the animated short, which will also feature a number of fan-favorite characters from The Simpsons.

Click here to discuss the live-action Loki Limited Series, currently debuting new episodes on Disney+.

Frontier

Staff member

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm hoping they're standalone and not MCU-related :).

Feels like Marvel is due to release some "flagship" cartoons again since they ended everything and DC is doing new Batman/Superman cartoons...
It feels like I've wanted to see some new X-Men stuff for a decade. Then they went heavy on the retro stuff for the last two years, and even making new designs for the 90s team. When I was Christmas shopping, my sister asks a guy at Target what the hot toys are and he brings up the huge amount of retro X-Men stuff they were stocking. It kind of helped me know that it wasn't just the TAS obsessed 9yo in me seeing than there actually was. I really thought we might have heard something by now. A new series might not be in their plans yet at all though.

What would they consider a flagship property now that The Avengers are probably taking a break? Spider-Man is an evergreen top priority. I have been a bit nostalgic for the days of solo heroing and facing a deep rogues gallery. Are they really looking into an Eternals series?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think currently the Fantastic Four probably have a better chance than the X-Men at getting a new animated series since we know a movie about the Four is in early development. It would be nice if a cartoon comes out in the next couple of years, they already started to pop up in stuff like Super Hero Adventures.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It would be nice to see them do something interesting with the FF. Hopefully, they manage to get some appearances in Spidey. The X-Men still at least managed to have the anime series in the last decade but the FF just had a handful of animated appearances. It always surprised me how much people I knew were sold on the Avengers due to EMH and even the animated movies, especially when they were on Netflix. It would be great if the FF had something like that before the MCU movie.

As always, I want to see more of the characters that the MCU hasn't touched and who aren't used all the time get their moments in animation.

the greenman

It would be nice to see them do something interesting with the FF. Hopefully, they manage to get some appearances in Spidey. The X-Men still at least managed to have the anime series in the last decade but the FF just had a handful of animated appearances. It always surprised me how much people I knew were sold on the Avengers due to EMH and even the animated movies, especially when they were on Netflix. It would be great if the FF had something like that before the MCU movie.

As always, I want to see more of the characters that the MCU hasn't touched and who aren't used all the time get their moments in animation.

I completely agree. We can cancel Ronan, but there's Annihilus, Diablo, Red Ghost, and plenty more.

The "marquee" main Marvel franchises...Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, etc.

I feel Spider-man has never been without an animated series. Even when Disney took over they keep him in the public consciousness.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
We got Hans Mole Man to show up dressed as Mole Man which is probably the first the closest thing we've had to FF in animation in over a decade.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That's not exactly true. The closest we had to seeing the FF in animation in the past decade (not counting their roles on Avengers EMH) were their few scenes on Hulk & the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. ("Planet Leader" from 2014) and as mentioned above, they started appearing last year in the Super Hero Adventures shorts (like this one). Granted they're in chibi deformed style or whatever you want to call them, but I'd say they still count as actual appearances for the F4.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
For reference, here's a link to the Variety article and Alonso's quote.
While Marvel’s next show, “What If…?” will be the studio’s first animated series, it is far from the last. “We’re going to have our animation branch and mini studio, and there will be more to come from that as well,” Alonso said. “We’re super excited about animation, which is my first love.”

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts