"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's weird that they're basing it off the TAS designs but don't have them exactly match the TAS designs. Like Jean's flowing hair :confused:.

To be honest I'm ready for Marvel to finally announce new cartoons if they actually have any in the works.

Last month, the Marvel Mania section of Disney's online store started using X-Men art that was very similar to the Disney+ avatars. Pretty much remixed versions of the 90s Jim Lee/TAS designs. Still no hints at anything animated happening but it looks like these may be the evergreen designs now so I would guess any possible new animation might start with this default.

A little more TAS merch out there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Last month, the Marvel Mania section of Disney's online store started using X-Men art that was very similar to the Disney+ avatars. Pretty much remixed versions of the 90s Jim Lee/TAS designs. Still no hints at anything animated happening but it looks like these may be the evergreen designs now so I would guess any possible new animation might start with this default.

A little more TAS merch out there.

We've come so far from the media embargo (minus a new cartoon and MCU films, of course) :).

Frontier

Staff member
I won’t lie, I’ll be down for that design and colour, even if it was a limited season of the 90’s series.
I could do without Storm's mohawk though :p.
If they do a new X-Men cartoon, they have to put Colossus in the main cast.
It's weird he's never been a consistent part of the team in their cartoons save for Pryde of the X-Men (and tragically was planned to be for WaTXM season 2)...

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I could do without Storm's mohawk though :p.

It's weird he's never been a consistent part of the team in their cartoons save for Pryde of the X-Men (and tragically was planned to be for WaTXM season 2)...

When it comes to the mohawk, if it's not Punk Storm, it doesn't work for me.

The worst part about Colossus in WATX was that he was Craig Kyle's favorite X-Man ( I believe it was Kyle who said it) but with his story being shipped off to Season 2, it kind of sealed his fate on this show.

The Overlord

Apparently there is one episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends that has a content warning:

It is still on Disney Plus though, unlike the Quest of the Red Skull episode which will never be on the site.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
EDIT-
There's a rumor going around that an animated series about the Eternals is in the works.
Apparently set to premiere on Marvel HQ in India, but would supposedly be on Disney+ in the US.

If/when it is officially announced, it will be spun off into its own topic.
Well, I guess they don't have cartoons to do Eterrnals tie-in's like they did with the Inhumans back in the day :p.

I guess it's a sign they're going full bore on promoting the Eternals, but it seems kind of random to give them a new show instead of, say, a new Spider-Man/Avengers/X-Men/FF cartoon. Not a lot of source material to base around a cartoon :confused:.

I also wonder if they would completely base it off the movie version and continue on from that which would be...a bit of a bummer, but par for the course for Marvel cartoons at this point :(.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It feels similar to the whole push to promote the Inhumans a few years back, but I was also thinking it's kind of along the same lines as with the Guardians of the Galaxy receiving their own series as a result of their live-action movie. There's really not a lot of material in the comics (as far as I'm aware, anyway) to really make an entire series with these characters, the MCU could work better since they could always show up in other movies and whatever else, but this proposed animated series seems like an odd choice to me.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
this proposed animated series seems like an odd choice to me.
I know next to nothing about the Eternals and I decided to learn about the Inhumans after noticing how they were pretty much mutants on Agents of SHIELD. The GOTG were at least a decently popular Marvel team in modern comics and got their animated debuts prior to the 2014 revamp of the characters. If the MCU does plan on having the Eternals being a bigger deal in sort of the same way the Guardians wound up being for the Infinity Saga, I can understand getting viewers more up to speed if one movie isn't enough to explain that lore.

Roxas_Sora

Seriously, these announcements before the start of the movies/episodes are getting stupid. Doesn't teach kids at school that things changed in the matter of social groups and what we see in the movies is simply an outdated point of view? Besides, back when I see the episode "Sunfire" in the 80s for the first time, I never payed attention to those things. I was simply interested in seeing Spider-Man and his friends saving the day.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts