"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
All the Marvel Anime series (I believe Sony co-productions?) were on the Crackle service as well and were just removed in the last day along with the Spidey shows. Weird. Might all the Sony owned Marvel shows be heading to Disney Plus later this year? Those shows weren't specifically kids animated shows but if memory serves, nothing worse than some of the stuff in the live action Marvel movies they also have on the platform.
I wouldn't be surprised if they throw them on Hulu if they don't think they're appropriate enough for Disney+.

bigdaddy313

So it looks like Disney Channel and XD is shutting down in many countries in Europe and Disney XD+ in the UK. So if that's the case every new Marvel animated projects might be exclusive to Disney Plus going forward.

I won't be surprised if the channel in the UK shuts down because of the Disney+ Sky deal.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
So it looks like Disney Channel and XD is shutting down in many countries in Europe and Disney XD+ in the UK. So if that's the case every new Marvel animated projects might be exclusive to Disney Plus going forward.

I won't be surprised if the channel in the UK shuts down because of the Disney+ Sky deal.

Hmm...I was wondering how exclusive animation for Disney would work moving forward.

bigdaddy313

Hmm...I was wondering how exclusive animation for Disney would work moving forward.
To me it's a good idea animation being exclusive to streaming service. I gave up on TV a long time ago so it will be nice if the whole world enjoys new Marvel Content on streaming instead of facing Network politics.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Even if they never make another season of Spectacular Spider-Man, I'd still consider it a victory getting it on Disney+. That means a much wider audience and more viewers than before. I just hope they don't mess with the episode order or something. ;)

I'm not sure what Victor Cook is currently busy with.

After Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters wrapped up, he's been working on a Disney Jr. show called T.O.T.S.

thisguyisnotcool

To me it's a good idea animation being exclusive to streaming service. I gave up on TV a long time ago so it will be nice if the whole world enjoys new Marvel Content on streaming instead of facing Network politics.
Well they certainly wouldn't have to weird scheduling shifts that seems to plague a lot of decent cartoon shows. :rolleyes:
But with this and Marvel Animation on its last legs I do see Disney looking to outsource future stuff like Moon Girl

colomb

On the subject of reviving old shows, I think the best thing we can ask for are new shows with old creative teams (e.g. Cook, Yost, Fine etc.). It wouldn't be ideal but at least a decent amount of unused ideas and potential wouldn't go to waste and it would be more newcomer friendly.

brodie999

You know the strangest thing about Sony? They've been promoting Disney + lately. Maybe they're giving them the rights to stream some of their live-action shows and cartoons on there too. Their relationships's growing stronger every day.
Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
You know the strangest thing about Sony? They've been promoting Disney + lately. Maybe they're giving them the rights to stream some of their live-action shows and cartoons on there too. Their relationships's growing stronger every day.
Image may contain: 3 people, indoor
...Okay, if they're advertising stuff on Disney+ then I think there might be something going on.

bigdaddy313

Well it does make loads of sense, in Disney+ there is a section for Spider-Verse, Disney and Kevin Feige would want to some how bring MCU Spider-Man films on the service, Disney will be a good place to show any Marvel characters published by other companies AKA Sony.

It will be nice for Spectacular Spider-Man to come to Disney+, I'll binge watch that in a day lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a quick note, the Fury Files shorts that are set to be added to Disney+ today can be discussed in this thread.

I don't think they would really generate too much discussion to warrant their own separate thread, considering there shouldn't be any new footage in them and they have been available on YouTube for a few years.

(There's also "Marvel Universe" Programming Block Talkback, which is where these shorts - as well as any other interstitial from the now defunct block - were discussed as they premiered, but it hasn't been active in years.)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Some of the sites putting up posts about the "new" Fury Files series have been mentioning X-Men The Animated Series as one of the content sources for Fury Files, along with Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man (which we knew already). Just enough possible misinformation to keep me interested.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

They better don't shut down Disney Channel. I can see Disney+ in my TV, but for some reason, I can't access the special content to watch. And with the whole thing of the global pandemic, I can't call for any technician to come home to fix it.

Frontier

Staff member
Some of the sites putting up posts about the "new" Fury Files series have been mentioning X-Men The Animated Series as one of the content sources for Fury Files, along with Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man (which we knew already). Just enough possible misinformation to keep me interested.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If they recorded new files for the X-Men, I'm curious if they brought back Chi McBride...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, it seems the Fury Files have been delayed. I thought they were kind of a random thing to add to the service in the first place, but we'll see if they become available later on. I presume an official statement about this will be made eventually. Not sure if this is a sign more such shorts might be produced, with stuff like X-Men TAS as some sources implied.

coldglynx

But with this and Marvel Animation on its last legs I do see Disney looking to outsource future stuff like Moon Girl
Weren't they doing that already? All the Marvel Animation shows have been outsourced to other animation studios like Film Roman, Studio Mir, etc.

The only ones that are affiliated with a Marvel Studio so far is M.O.D.O.K and Moongirl. I don't know if Fiege is trying to startup a in-house animation Studio at Marvel. But I'm guessing that might be the case.

Frontier

Staff member
Weren't they doing that already? All the Marvel Animation shows have been outsourced to other animation studios like Film Roman, Studio Mir, etc.

The only ones that are affiliated with a Marvel Studio so far is M.O.D.O.K and Moongirl. I don't know if Fiege is trying to startup a in-house animation Studio at Marvel. But I'm guessing that might be the case.
I don't know if that's been true for the Loeb-era cartoons other than Ultimate Spider-Man.

coldglynx

I don't know if that's been true for the Loeb-era cartoons other than Ultimate Spider-Man.
From what I gathered

Film Roman worked on "Ultimate Spiderman", and "Hulk and the Agents of Smash"
Studio Mir worked on "Guardians of the Galaxy"
Man of Action worked on "Avengers Assemble".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts