"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
If the G4 Marvel Anime series becomes available on streaming, I think it would be on Hulu than on Disney+, given that said content is more in line with Castlevania (due to the fact that Warren Ellis worked on both).
There is a giant stone swaztika that casts a giant shadow that is central to finding Nazi treasure. That would be a lot of work.
Pretty much.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
If the G4 Marvel Anime series becomes available on streaming, I think it would be on Hulu than on Disney+, given that said content is more in line with Castlevania (due to the fact that Warren Ellis worked on both).

They are available, for free on Crackle. They're Sony controlled and available like Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man The New Animated series, Rise of Technovore and Avengers Confidential are on Crackle.

That's awesome. I've pretty much had the episodes memorized since the days of being a little kid with my Pizza Hut VHS tape.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dsneybuf

Nazi stuff. Hitler, Swaztikas, etc. Which now has me wondering how easily they could put Indiana Jones movies on there if they owned the distribution rights.

This reply seems late, but it surprises me that The Sound of Music's "Nazi stuff" didn't keep it away from Disney+.
I only skimmed their print of TSoM (I still have the Blu-ray for when I want to watch the whole thing), but it doesn't look like they censored or any of it, either.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Fury Files. I'm not mad at that. I liked the old Marvel Universe segments. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Marvel Mash-Ups either, although only three of the shows parodied are on D+ right now (Spider-Friends, Iron Man and Spider-Man 81).

I look forward to Season 2 of Future Avengers, which I think is shorter than Season 1. The last two arcs of Season 1 hit pretty hard, in my opinion. Hopefully, they make the most of Season 2.

I'm still wish listing a high quality new X-Men show . Just putting that out there, Universe.

Frontier

Staff member
May 2020 Highlights for Disney+.

In regards to Marvel Animation, there's season 2 of Future Avengers coming out on May 22nd (as previously mentioned in the show's news & discussion thread), and the Fury Files shorts (which I believe are still uploaded on Marvel HQ at the moment) will be added on May 15th.
"Fury Files" AKA Chi McBride explains the Marvel Animated Universe :p.

Looking forward to season 2 of Future Avengers :).

(I am also ready for new cartoons).

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Some potentially interesting developments: So as of yesterday both Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Man: The New Animated Series have left Sony Crackle where they've both been streaming for years now.

I've seen so many folks writing to Disney + all over since launch about both of those shows so it makes me wonder if something has been or is being worked out to get them on Disney +. What do you guys think?

Frontier

Staff member
Some potentially interesting developments: So as of yesterday both Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Man: The New Animated Series have left Sony Crackle where they've both been streaming for years now.

I've seen so many folks writing to Disney + all over since launch about both of those shows so it makes me wonder if something has been or is being worked out to get them on Disney +. What do you guys think?
It would be a pretty big boon for Disney+ if they were able to secure Spec :).

Also seems too good to be true :sweat:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I think that Disney definitely should have been working on getting the streaming rights to the Sony Marvel stuff, movies and TV, past and future. I would be all for seeing stuff like Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Verse or the Tom Holland movies eventually show up, if I could.

I don't what the deal is but this is the first month I've seen with no Marvel item on Crackle in literal years.

Last edited:

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
It would be a pretty big boon for Disney+ if they were able to secure Spec :).

Also seems too good to be true :sweat:.
It would be a big get for the service for sure. If they were somehow able to go the step further and produce more episodes that would be a big fan goodwill gesture that would get a lot of people excited like their Clone Wars revival is. So many people have been yelling "Spectacular" in Marvel/Disney's ears since 2009 pretty much nonstop. The fact is the Spidey shows Marvel produced since haven't captured that universal appeal and widespread critical acclaim that Spectacular had been enjoying. They bat for entertaining the target audience and succeed at it but there's not enough meat there for everybody else or beyond the Spidey fans that will watch no matter what.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
A Spectacular revival is something that I both want to believe is possible and something I feel I need to be pragmatic about.

More Sony Spidey animation has been on my mind since the big Lord and Miller deal was announced. There's been no type of follow-up announcement since then, especially not from Marvel's side, but it did show that Sony was actively pursuing some possibilities. It's still a little surprising to me that the Caught in a Ham short landed on Marvel HQ instead of the Sony Animation YouTube.

RoryWilliams

Has it been confirmed whether or not Young Justice is coming back for another season? The future of DC Universe seems in doubt due to HBO Max, so Weisman might be open to continuing Spectacular if he's free.

Frontier

Staff member
Has it been confirmed whether or not Young Justice is coming back for another season? The future of DC Universe seems in doubt due to HBO Max, so Weisman might be open to continuing Spectacular if he's free.
They are currently in the middle of producing the fourth season titled "Phantoms," and the Coronavirus hasn't seemed to stall production much, so I think Weisman is still busy with that.

I'm not sure what Victor Cook is currently busy with.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
As much as I love the show, I really don't expect Spectacular Spider-Man to ever continue. I kind of accepted that fact so I am not completely disappointed when no news regarding a continuation appear. I just don't see the show coming back, though I'd love to be surprised, I think the likeliest scenario is they keep making more and more other Spidey animated series in its place. And I doubt, if somehow everything falls in place and the show could be brought back, Greg Weisman's involvement to another series would be the reason those plans will fall apart.

But even bringing the Sony Spidey shows to Disney+, without any new episodes, would still be cool.

Season 4 was announced over 9 months ago, in July of last year, when they said work on it had already started. Here's the latest production update Weisman shared.

Also, let's please take further Young Justice talks to the show's news & discussion threads (Part 32 / Part 33).

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
All the Marvel Anime series (I believe Sony co-productions?) were on the Crackle service as well and were just removed in the last day along with the Spidey shows. Weird. Might all the Sony owned Marvel shows be heading to Disney Plus later this year? Those shows weren't specifically kids animated shows but if memory serves, nothing worse than some of the stuff in the live action Marvel movies they also have on the platform.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts