"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoryWilliams

There will likely be continued MCU influence but I'm honestly not bothered if the end result is still good. My biggest problem with most of the recent shows was more on the quality (both in writing and animation) end of things rather than pimping the movie stuff.

Frontier

Staff member
There will likely be continued MCU influence but I'm honestly not bothered if the end result is still good. My biggest problem with most of the recent shows was more on the quality (both in writing and animation) end of things rather than pimping the movie stuff.
I'm not against some MCU influence, even EMH had some influences from the movie (especially in their take on Iron Man), but it shouldn't be as much of a driving force to the series that it makes them seem derivative.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Any ideas why the 1967 Spidey cartoon's not gonna be on here? Marvel owns it as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure what's stopping it. They posted every episode on their website about a decade ago, along with the 90s cartoon and Unlimited. 60s cartoon Spidey has made some comic appearances in the last several years as well.

Freddy

Probably because of some of the politically incorrect racial stereotypes on the show.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A quick note, some posts were moved into a separate thread, "Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers). If any other Marvel cartoons exclusive to Disney+ are announced, they will also receive their own threads, when confirmed.

This topic will continue to cover all general Marvel Animation news in regards to Disney+. Discuss which shows will be available, regular updates in regards to content, what series you'd like to see and why - old and new, and what not.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Any ideas why the 1967 Spidey cartoon's not gonna be on here? Marvel owns it as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure what's stopping it. They posted every episode on their website about a decade ago, along with the 90s cartoon and Unlimited. 60s cartoon Spidey has made some comic appearances in the last several years as well.
Well, I do hope it gets added sooner than later, as in during next year.

Dsneybuf

A few questions about The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes:
  • Did Disney+ put all the episodes in the right order?
  • Do all the season one episodes have the minute-long intro, and no "Previously, on Avengers" segments? iTunes trimmed the intro on "Ultron-5", "This Hostage Earth", and "The Fall of Asgard".
I'll only pose my third question if no one would mind how crazy it sounds.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
What's the correct order you're referring to? Breakout is listed before the five compilation episodes. This Hostage Earth has the full intro. You're not gonna ask about Josh Keaton audio, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dsneybuf

What's the correct order you're referring to?
The order from the Canadian Blu-ray sets, as shown on that TV Tropes link.
Breakout is listed before the five compilation episodes.
Doesn't sound right to me, but not the worst thing I've heard about Disney+ so far.
This Hostage Earth has the full intro.
Thank goodness.
You're not gonna ask about Josh Keaton audio, right?

I won't.

Last edited:

dmxx116

What's the correct order you're referring to? Breakout is listed before the five compilation episodes. This Hostage Earth has the full intro. You're not gonna ask about Josh Keaton audio, right?

If they can put the original A:EMH episodes with Spider-Man with Josh Keaton I’ll sign up right now.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
I heard some of the X-Men TAS episodes are out of order. I do know the 1994 Spider-Man episodes have a few that are jumbled. The most egregious being episode 1, it's listed as "Sins of The Fathers Chapter 10: Venom Returns." I don't know what could have given them the idea that an episode called "chapter 10, Venom Returns" could be the first episode.

A bunch of episodes in season 2 are out of order as well, it's not that hard to figure out because they have the "chapter" so-and-so in their names so they just had to go in numerical order lol. Also, the whole show is listed as 1 season. 90s X-Men has them broken into seasons at least. All the episodes were in order when they were on Hulu, which is also owned by Disney now, so it should have been a painless switcheroo.

I saw a bunch of 90s Hulk episodes are badly out of order, too. The first episode is listed as like the 2nd part of a multi-part story. I hope a lot of these things get fixed because for anybody trying to watch these for the first time it could be a bad experience.

Dudley

Staff member
It’s been a while since pointed out (I guess), but it’s interesting that Marvel Superhero Squad isn’t up.
It would be cool if they uploaded Marvel Mash-Up too. Those were funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's a real shame that Super Hero Squad isn't on here yet. It makes so much sense for it to be.

they really need to fix the order on cartoons like Spider-Man.

*Update* Don't mind me as I leave X-Men playing in the background and hope that this somehow quickens the arrival of a new series. Logic dictates that it worked when I did it for Young Justice on Netflix.

Last edited:

Hulkwummy

Tell everyone to watch Wolverine and the X-Men on Disney plus, maybe it will get disney to pick the show up for season two.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Season 2 of Spider-Man hasn't even finished airing on TV yet. I presume it will be added to Disney+ early next year in time for "Maximum Venom", but we'll see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts