"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

Judging from it being set in 97, I'm guessing it's continuing right from Graduation Day? It would be nice to see Piotr.

I hope it doesn't feel like a parody, like the Brady Bunch Movie version of X-Men or something. I just want to see them use the trappings of the original series, the bright colorful comic designs, the villains, the universe to be able to reach their top potential with great writing, acting and animation quality. It feels like they took forever just to greenlight this thing, now they have to actually produce it and that will take 2 years. I hope the next generation enjoys it. Maybe they'll get my attention again when they actually make it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think we're all hoping on that. Similar thoughts to the rumours of a BTAS revival (which seems to be Caped Crusader). If they can get the original cast and crew, perfect. Probably still won't be the same, but. . .

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Judging from it being set in 97, I'm guessing it's continuing right from Graduation Day? It would be nice to see Piotr.

I hope it doesn't feel like a parody, like the Brady Bunch Movie version of X-Men or something. I just want to see them use the trappings of the original series, the bright colorful comic designs, the villains, the universe to be able to reach their top potential with great writing, acting and animation quality. It feels like they took forever just to greenlight this thing, now they have to actually produce it and that will take 2 years. I hope the next generation enjoys it. Maybe they'll get my attention again when they actually make it

I hope they treat the property and content seriously, and like a modern cartoon, while obviously building off what fans loved from the 90's :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Thinking about it some more, the X-Men '97 announcement is pretty surprising. Not only it's an X-Men cartoon, but a continuation of a nearly 30 years old show. Plus, we don't know when the characters might make their debuts in the MCU as opposed to the Fantastic Four who do have a movie in the works. I'm a bit surprised a new F4 show wasn't announced today. Not that I would want all of the Marvel toons on Disney+ to be influenced by the MCU, just an observation I guess.

Streaker Prower

Speaking of Marvel Cartoons, What I want to see during the next Disney+ Day, is a new Iron Man Cartoon by Man of Action (With Animation Outsource to Digital eMation, Rough Draft Korea, Moi Animation and Sugarcube) in the style of Generator Rex

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Speaking of Marvel Cartoons, What I want to see during the next Disney+ Day, is a new Iron Man Cartoon by Man of Action (With Animation Outsource to Digital eMation, Rough Draft Korea, Moi Animation and Sugarcube) in the style of Generator Rex
I like Man Of Action. It's possibly not fair considering how many other chefs were in the kitchen but I think they had their chance to make Marvel cartoons already, and nothing memorable came out of that.

the greenman

The only Marvel toons I want continued are Spec Spider-man and Avengers: EMH. Though, for them both of them might need adjustments. EMH second half was accepted, but knowing the original creative team was switched out, didn't sit well with a lot of fans.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
What about Wolverine and the X-Men? I personally want to see Colossus rejoin the team as a regular.
It always cracked me up that he was Craig Kyle's favorite X-Men and they wrote him out at the very beginning of the show, even though he was in a lot of the promo art. Then they actually had plans for him and Magik in the Season 2 that never actually happened. I hope that he and Kurt get something to do in this show. Piotr and Psylocke never really catch any breaks when it comes to X-Men adaptations. It took Deadpool of all characters to really give Colossus something to do in a movie.

Thinking of Magik makes me wonder what the chances are that the New Mutants team might appear as well. They probably had some background cameos in the original run and Cannonball, most notably, had that one episode that centered around him and Rogue.

Frontier

Staff member
It always cracked me up that he was Craig Kyle's favorite X-Men and they wrote him out at the very beginning of the show, even though he was in a lot of the promo art. Then they actually had plans for him and Magik in the Season 2 that never actually happened. I hope that he and Kurt get something to do in this show. Piotr and Psylocke never really catch any breaks when it comes to X-Men adaptations. It took Deadpool of all characters to really give Colossus something to do in a movie.

Thinking of Magik makes me wonder what the chances are that the New Mutants team might appear as well. They probably had some background cameos in the original run and Cannonball, most notably, had that one episode that centered around him and Rogue.

Speaking of Deadpool makes me wonder if he'll finally get more than a cameo this time around :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Deadpool has been in a Spider-Man cartoon, Hulk/Wolverine feature and two Avengers anime but somehow still never even said a word in an X-Men cartoon. It's kind of funny. I guess we can really blame this on him reaching peak popularity after the X-Men were being embargoed. I can imagine that he would probably show up here. Maybe a Wolverine centric episode (I can't imagine they wouldn't have one).

Frontier

Staff member
Deadpool has been in a Spider-Man cartoon, Hulk/Wolverine feature and two Avengers anime but somehow still never even said a word in an X-Men cartoon. It's kind of funny. I guess we can really blame this on him reaching peak popularity after the X-Men were being embargoed. I can imagine that he would probably show up here. Maybe a Wolverine centric episode (I can't imagine they wouldn't have one).

He was supposed to show up in an episode of Wolverine and the X-Men season 2 (with Nolan North coming back).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
It's also pretty funny in hindsight how Deadpool had less screen-time with each new X-Men cartoon - a cameo on TAS, Wade only being mentioned on Evolution, and then not showing up at all on Wolverine & the X-Men. Though he did again have a cameo on the X-Men anime.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
There hasn't been an X-Men Cartoon in over a decade, with the last lasting only one season, I really hope they cover the newer X-Men characters and concepts we haven't seen in the cartoons yet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Then something bad is intensifying!
Asa
Peanuts creator Charles Schultz would've turned 99 years old today.
Lost of Christmas stuff on tonight Frosty and Frosty Returns is on CBS tonight, it's always on the night after Thanksgiving, so is Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer on The CW, and NBC has the Original Grinch, ABC has Santa Claus is Comin' to town (though if you prefer to watch this one un edited Freeform is the better place to watch it )
Nick@nite finally got new Christmas brand just today started 6am!

Featured Posts