"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

I'm not sure if I should put this here since it says Marvel Entertainment rather than Marvel Studios, but it's interesting to know. In any case, Emi Yonemura recently joined as a director. She's primarily a storyboard artist for WB, with various projects such as Justice League Action, Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a couple of Scooby Doo and Lego DC movies. She's had some experience outside of that, such as working on a few Curious George DVD movies as well as being a storyboard artist and/or director on Onyx Equinox, High Guardian Spice, and Gen Lock.

Screenshot_20211101-084816.png

Frontier

Staff member

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
What I wouldn't give to see top quality animation with the feel and look of top notch Marvel material from 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or 2000s. The MCU aesthetic works for the MCU but it never gives the same charge as seeing the best Marvel comic art.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigdaddy313

Is everyone excited about the future of Marvel Animation under Marvel Studios and if so what are your thoughts and what would you like to see?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Are everyone excited about the future of Marvel Animation under Marvel Studios and if so what are your thoughts and what would you like to see?
I'm...interested, since I don't really know what to expect at this point.

Hopefully we'll get some Marvel Animation news from Disney+ day.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

Medinnus

Staff member
Is everyone excited about the future of Marvel Animation under Marvel Studios and if so what are your thoughts and what would you like to see?

Let me be the first to espouse an animated series focused on an MCU version of THE INVADERS. There are so many possible storylines, although admittedly continuity would inspire (so much better a word choice that "require" or "force", am I right? :) ) a number of changes.

For example, we know that the Original Human Torch exists - he's seen in cameo in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. We know that SHIELD knows about Atlantis in the modern era, due to its presence on a map during CA: CIVIL WAR. WE know that Bucky was never a teenage sidekick. We know that if they operated, the Invaders were more covert, and much of their operations would not be common knowledge.

Edit - Added an outline for what I would do for Season 1 (12 episodes).

Attachments

• Invaders_Season_One.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Let me be the first to espouse an animated series focused on an MCU version of THE INVADERS. There are so many possible storylines, although admittedly continuity would inspire (so much better a word choice that "require" or "force", am I right? :) ) a number of changes.

For example, we know that the Original Human Torch exists - he's seen in cameo in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. We know that SHIELD knows about Atlantis in the modern era, due to its presence on a map during CA: CIVIL WAR. WE know that Bucky was never a teenage sidekick. We know that if they operated, the Invaders were more covert, and much of their operations would not be common knowledge.
Better yet, an all original Invaders cartoon not tied to the MCU and basically a Captain America solo cartoon ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
So, no Howard the Duck cartoon. Guess the rumor was too new, maybe in a few more years. :p

Overall, I am pretty happy with the announcements today. Nice to see more, new Marvel animation is in the works. Hopefully the finished products won't disappoint.

thisguyisnotcool

So, no Howard the Duck cartoon. Guess the rumor was too new, maybe in a few more years. :p

Overall, I am pretty happy with the announcements today. Nice to see more, new Marvel animation is in the works. Hopefully the finished products won't disappoint.
I'm more optimistic on animted stuff. Annoyed that a lot of it connected to hip of the MCU but there definitely seems to be a lot of talent working on it.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I hope this new X-Men series adds Colossus to the team as a regular.
Judging from it being set in 97, I'm guessing it's continuing right from Graduation Day? It would be nice to see Piotr.

I hope it doesn't feel like a parody, like the Brady Bunch Movie version of X-Men or something. I just want to see them use the trappings of the original series, the bright colorful comic designs, the villains, the universe to be able to reach their top potential with great writing, acting and animation quality. It feels like they took forever just to greenlight this thing, now they have to actually produce it and that will take 2 years. I hope the next generation enjoys it. Maybe they'll get my attention again when they actually make it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

sb-129 referenced the trump cameo from home alone 2 and no one can convince me otherwise

(for context a future spongebob informs squidward that the time machine is down the hall to the left)

Found this from Reddit. Had to trim the original a bit. And yeah the guy in the 2nd half of this is the new Sokka actor.
20 years ago today, Apple released Mac OS 9.2.2, the very last version of their classic operating system. It would be available on computers as late as mid-2003, whilst Mac OS X (now macOS) up to 10.4.11 had Classic Environment for computers released before the Intel switch in 2006.
Asa
Today would've been the 120th birthday of Walt Disney.
Man I love how progressively insane Jojo gets

Featured Posts