"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

bigdaddy313

Well, 90s Spider-Man is back on Disney Plus today. They fixed it being incorrectly listed as 1 season to the correct 5 seasons saying it ran from 1994-1997 rather than it just saying 1994 before.
Well I guess is just as I thought was the reason for its disappearance and the titles makes a whole lot of sense.

The need to do the same thing for other shows that have wrong orders.

the greenman

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I really hope that the new Marvel Entertainment have an interest in animation beyond What If...? and I Am Groot, and the three upcoming shows that were already in the works for years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Yeah- your move, Marvel/Disney!

I'm envious Batman fans will be getting an almost-retro stylish noir feeling show. I want a Spidey show with some budget behind it and some panache, of course. WB's also got that pre-school Batmobile cartoon coming soon, so I don't think the pre-school Spidey cartoon needs to be the only thing they're making...

No more MCU or MCU lite animated stuff besides What If, please.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
A minor note but the "Fury Files" shorts are now available on the service. They were supposed to be added a while back. I don't think there's really a lot to comment on them, so they can be discussed in this thread instead of starting a separate topic for content that is already a few years old.

Users in Canada can also apparently watch M.O.D.O.K. on the service instead of it being available on Hulu. (And here's the Talkback thread if anyone else wishes to comment on it).

the greenman

Considering Warner Bros is making new Superman and Batman animated series for HBO Max, I wonder if Disney would make more Marvel animated series aimed at kids for Disney Plus.
Well, they just got Spidey & his Amazing Friends. I'm unfortunately feeling with Marvel's insistently synergistic content, we won't get a new solid serious animated series too soon. Right now we'll have What if? and then Moon Girl.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I don't think Moon Girl will be too "serious", at least going by the preview image. It won't be exclusive to Disney+, either. The only such shows we have confirmed at this point is What If...? with a minimum of 2 seasons, which does seem like the most serious Marvel cartoon in a while, but we'll see when it debuts. And also, Baymax!, another show based on Big Hero 6 (the Disney movie, that is).

Not to get too much off-topic here, but a re-cap of upcoming Marvel-related series, apart from the 2 Disney+ shows mentioned above (these aren't set for the service, but will most likely end up there, eventually).

- Spidey & His Amazing Friends (News thread), aimed at pre-schoolers and apparently premiering this sumemr on Disney Junior
- Hit-Monkey (Marvel animation on Hulu news thread), adult comedy debuting sometime this year on Hulu (and possibly on Disney+ in countries without the service)
- Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur (News thread), premiering in 2022 on Disney Channel.

Not sure if this counts, but might actually turn out as the most "serious" out of any of these toons, New-Gen (News thread), but there haven't really been any updates since it was announced so I am not sure about its status or when and where it will premiere.

There were also rumors about an Eternals show (Source) which would supposedly premiere on Disney+ in the US, but likewise haven't heard anything about the show since this rumor came out.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Is it possible for Spider-Man's 90s series to appear in Disney+?
I'm not sure if you're referring to countries outside the US here but it was removed for a few days not too long ago and put back on pretty quickly (they just fixed it so it's listed correctly as 5 seasons instead of 1).

Roxas_Sora

I'm not sure if you're referring to countries outside the US here but it was removed for a few days not too long ago and put back on pretty quickly (they just fixed it so it's listed correctly as 5 seasons instead of 1).

I simply wanted to know if it was possible to see this series on Disney+. That's all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

youtube Nickelodeon uploaded Young Dylan - Natural Beauty episode

youtube NickRewind streaming currently: iCarly - iGoodbye
Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.

Featured Posts