"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Seriously, these announcements before the start of the movies/episodes are getting stupid. Doesn't teach kids at school that things changed in the matter of social groups and what we see in the movies is simply an outdated point of view? Besides, back when I saw the episode "Sunfire" in the 80s for the first time, I never paid attention to those things. I was simply interested in seeing Spider-Man and his friends saving the day.
Don't you mean annoying?

bigdaddy313

So according to "whatsondisneyplus" website Marvel's What-If animation is lead by Stephan Frank.

According to his linkendin page he is the Animation Supervisor for Marvel Studios.

He has worked for WB Feature animation, Meatball Production, Walt Disney Feature Animation, Lucasfilm Animation, Sony Picture Animation.

He works for Dark planet Comics, but with his new title at Marvel Studios which he has been since April 2019 I wonder if he is in charge of Animation Production or only on What-If.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
02/11:
Posting this here for the moment, this year's WonderCon will again be an online event between March 26-27.

A separate thread will be posted closer to the date, or if any Marvel Animation related panels are announced.

02/12:
Disney scheduled upfronts for March 23 (which will focus on programming) and May 18 (where they'll cover Fox, Hulu, etc.)

They don't mention animation specifically but there might be more announcements then. If needed this can be moved to other topics.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
According to a new deal, Sony content such as the Spider-Man movies (among other titles) will stream on Disney+ after they are removed from Netflix.

The article doesn't mention animation specifically, but I figured it would be worth posting about it here as well. I presume the Spider-Verse franchise is most likely to end up on Disney+, but it could also mean the likes of Spectacular Spider-Man or the CGI Spider-Man show will eventually be on the service (though I wouldn't take this as a sign the former will receive a proper continuation).

Frontier

Staff member
According to a new deal, Sony content such as the Spider-Man movies (among other titles) will stream on Disney+ after they are removed from Netflix.

The article doesn't mention animation specifically, but I figured it would be worth posting about it here as well. I presume the Spider-Verse franchise is most likely to end up on Disney+, but it could also mean the likes of Spectacular Spider-Man or the CGI Spider-Man show will eventually be on the service (though I wouldn't take this as a sign the former will receive a proper continuation).
Here's hoping! They all feel like great fits for Disney+ :).

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
04/22:
This is pretty much exactly what I've been hoping to see happen, excited to see the older Spidey movies hit the service and hopefully Sony's Spidey cartoons as well. They mention Sony library stuff and that fits the bill pretty well.

Spectacular has been on UK Netflix, but this deal is for the US, so I can see it going to Disney Plus here in the not too distant future now.

Despite a revival being pretty unlikely, I think it being on Disney Plus would be a great start, so long as Disney and Sony keep being willing to work together, and maybe they keep seeing fans campaigning for the show every month or so.

04/26:
Sorry for the double post as luck would have it, but I just wanted to let folks know the 90s Spider-Man cartoon has been removed from Disney Plus. Seemingly in at least both the US and Canada from what I hear. I don't get what's up with that at all, I'm pretty sure they've owned the cartoon longer than Disney has even owned Marvel lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I was just browsing the Spider-Verse section in the Marvel Animation collection last week and hadn't noticed that. Hopefully, there's an actual purpose for this and it will be back soon. If it's alongside Spider-Verse and TSSM, even better. I probably couldn't see MTV Spidey slipping on. I can't imagine they'd take a chance on adult animation that wasn't the Simpsons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigdaddy313

The only reason I can think of is that it shows as just one season, so they are trying to break it into 5 seasons with corrected episodes order.
That’s what I think.

Ed Nygma

I'm glad I already have Spider-Man '94 and X-Men '92 purchased in iTunes so I can watch at any time when they pull this nonsense.

I also feel like if they put wonderful, beloved, perfect Spectacular Spider-Man on Disney+, everyone would forget all about Spidey '94 and sell it up the river in a heartbeat...

Frontier

Staff member
I'm glad I already have Spider-Man '94 and X-Men '92 purchased in iTunes so I can watch at any time when they pull this nonsense.

I also feel like if they put wonderful, beloved, perfect Spectacular Spider-Man on Disney+, everyone would forget all about Spidey '94 and sell it up the river in a heartbeat...
I think that's more true for Marvel's Spider-Man...

Trevor

Hmm, are those HD versions? I don't remember any Marvel toon that old getting the HD treatment. If that's what they're doing.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
As I recall, the 1967 Spider-Man was remastered in 1080p in 2004 for the DVD box set (they were encoded in 480p on the DVD rather than 480i), and those 1080p versions have yet to surface.

the greenman

Well, 90s Spider-Man is back on Disney Plus today. They fixed it being incorrectly listed as 1 season to the correct 5 seasons saying it ran from 1994-1997 rather than it just saying 1994 before.
There are alot of series on streaming listed like that. When I had Netflix they listed Community as 2009 and that was it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hi, what cartoon is your profile pic from?

I haven't seen an Nostalgia Critic episode in 6 years and i don't plan on coming back.

But good lord this is cringe. It straight up looks like a 2001 Newgrounds cartoon. I'm suprised Foamy the Squirrel didn't pop up
So is there going to be a "Do you remember ___________?" thread for every show that ever existed? Or is it just for shows that came out in the last 30 years?
I wish a happy 49th birthday to Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft.

I could find some stuff that was relatable from Kansas City.

Featured Posts