"Marvel Animation on Disney+" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
A lot has happened to the X-Men since the 90's so I'd be interested to see a revival tackle some of the modern or more recent stories.

bigdaddy313

Hey if they want to make one more season of a show that got me into comics, action animation and made the X-Men to be my absolute favourite set of characters?

Then sooo be it.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Disney+ highlights for September. Of note, according to this list, season 4 of the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts is scheduled to premiere on September 18. Not sure if there will be only the 5 shorts released so far, or if it means more will premiere then (and if there are more, I think there's a chance the rest of the Fantastic Four might show up).

Frontier

Staff member
Disney+ highlights for September. Of note, according to this list, season 4 of the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts is scheduled to premiere on September 18. Not sure if there will be only the 5 shorts released so far, or if it means more will premiere then (and if there are more, I think there's a chance the rest of the Fantastic Four might show up).
Maybe we'll be in for a surprise and they'll throw in Wolverine :p?

The Overlord

If they have X-Men TAS continuation, would they have to get a new voice cast? Norm Spencer, the voice actor for Cyclops died recently, Don Franks, the voice actor for Sabertooth died a couple of years ago, the voice actor for Rogue is now a member of the Canadian Parliament and may be too busy to voice Rogue. I also think Canadian voice actors are used less in American cartoons often than in the 90s.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
There's a part of me that would like to see new X-Men stuff that homages the old show a bit but there's a part of me that thinks it would be really cool to see some new like a movie or limited that allows the old cast and crew to have a last hurrah.

Whatever they do, I want to see something that feels as though it's recognizably classic X-Men but I also want something that's not just a retread of anything we've seen before.

Actor's deaths can be really heartbreaking but t I feel as though it's most likely that they recast or write a character out than to usually cut a project completely. I think a recast can be respectfully done, such as when Trollhunters lost Anton Yelchin or Avatar lost Mako.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Overlord

There's a part of me that would like to see new X-Men stuff that homages the old show a bit but there's a part of me that thinks it would be really cool to see some new like a movie or limited that allows the old cast and crew to have a last hurrah.

Whatever they do, I want to see something that feels as though it's recognizably classic X-Men but I also want something that's not just a retread of anything we've seen before.

Actor's deaths can be really heartbreaking but t I feel as though it's most likely that they recast or write a character out than to usually cut a project completely. I think a recast can be respectfully done, such as when Trollhunters lost Anton Yelchin or Avatar lost Mako.

Well, the question is will they still do the voice acting in Toronto or will they move it to LA. Throughout the 80s, 90s, and 2000s American cartoons were often voiced by Canadians, but that seems to be hardly done nowadays. Most of the voice actors are still available, but the voice actors for Cyclops and Sabertooth passed away and the voice actor for Rogue is busy as a politician and this is almost 30 years later, I am not sure if Alyson Court sounds the same.

They are making a new He-Man cartoon that is a continuation of the old Filmation series and they have a mostly new voice cast.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be kind of weird to hear Wolverine in a modern cartoon where he's not voiced by Steve Blum...of course, Cal Dodd is a high bar already ;).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Someone on Twitter noted D+ changed its labelling to put all prior Marvel shows (even recent ones) under "Legacy animation." Rumor is that there's a second new show in the works other than What If.
I noticed that yesterday too after seeing that they rearranged the Marvel section a bit.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess that's a clear way of separating the "old" from the "new" but I just really want to know more about what the "new" is :sweat:.

bigdaddy313

I thought I’ll just write it here but according to LinkedIn Harrison Wilcox has the same job as Senior director of development television but now under Marvel Studios.

bigdaddy313

Could he be the new head of animation :confused:?
I don’t know if I’ll be a fan of that given how the shows have turned up but, we will see how things are under new management.

So due to an amount of research, sturdy and with confirmation from an executive through LinkedIn, Marvel Animation Studio in Glendale closed down on the 21st of August 2020.
So Marvel Animated shows are going to be from my perspective outsourced to other animated studios like What-IF

Last edited by a moderator:
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Blathers' museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives me some Foster's Home vibes
Is it wrong that I think Gwyneth Paltrow is fairly useless? Yeah, she was Pepper. But what good has she done lately besides creating the stupidest headlines imaginable?
Loving the rumor of a BTAS revival. Personally I would far prefer a JLU one, but maybe this could lead to that.

Here is my major suggestion for the BTAS revival:

MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY

Contd...
I am now old enough to drink! I'm 21!
I find it interesting how Jason Spisak has done voice work for plenty of DC projects, yet he's never been in one with Andrea Romano as the voice director. Even in non-DC projects, he's never been in a project she worked on.

Featured Posts