Marvel Animation at WonderCon 2020 (Update: WonderCon and SDCC have been Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We're roughly a month away from this year's WonderCon, so I figured I might as well start this thread now. No details have surfaced yet, in regards to what, if anything, Marvel might be highlighting or announcing this time.

I presume a description for the Marvel Animation panel(s) will be released within the next couple of weeks, and this post will be updated with any necessary info, but until then, feel free to use this thread to discuss, add your hopes or predictions about what might be announced.

NOTE: At the time of this writing, there's no official word if WonderCon, or any of its panels, would be cancelled due to Coronavirus concerns. If such announcements are made, this thread will be updated accordingly, and then closed.

EDIT 03/12: Official statement about this year's WonderCon being postponed.

EDIT 04/17: Official statement about WonderCon 2020 and San Diego Comic-Con 2020 being cancelled.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Whether Wonder Con will move forward or not, I figure there will at least be some sort of announcement for stuff like What If, the Disney Junior Spider-Man show, and the status of Marvel Rising.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think the likeliest scenario is they spotlight season 3 of Marvel's Spider-Man. Maybe even screen the premiere of "Maximum Venom" providing the event takes place before the TV debut, which we don't know exactly when it will be other than "April". Though given the episodes are supposed to be an hour long, I don't think they would also have time for a Q&A session after the screening.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't mean to be negative, but I'm kind of at a point where I'm skeptical we'll get a real Marvel Animation panel with real, major, news and that the panel will get any kind of major coverage.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
March 12th:
This year's WonderCon has been postponed.
To protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, the California Department of Public Health announced a recommendation that gatherings and events of more than 250 people should either be postponed or cancelled. Comic-Con (organizer of WonderCon) will abide by this recommendation. Therefore WonderCon Anaheim, scheduled for April 10-12, 2020 in Anaheim, California, will be postponed until a later date. We will begin processing refunds in the coming days.
We continue to work closely with officials in San Diego and at this time no decision has been made regarding the rescheduling of Comic-Con slated to take place this summer; July 23-26, 2020. We urge everyone to follow the recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and your local health officials.

As mentioned in the opening post, this topic will now be locked, but will be opened again if/when the Con is back on track. Thank you.

April 17th:
WonderCon 2020 is officially cancelled. Same goes for this year's San Diego Comic-Con.
WonderCon Anaheim, which was to have been held April 10-12, 2020 will return to the Anaheim Convention Center from March 26-28, 2021.
For the first time in its 50-year history San Diego Comic Convention (SDCC), the organizers behind the annual pop culture celebration, announced today with deep regret that there will be no Comic-Con in 2020. The event will instead return to the San Diego Convention Center from July 22-25, 2021.
Recognizing that countless attendees save and plan for its conventions each year, and how many exhibitors and stakeholders rely upon its events for a major portion of their livelihood, they had hoped to delay this decision in anticipation that COVID-19 concerns might lessen by summer. Continuous monitoring of health advisories and recent statements by the Governor of California have made it clear that it would not be safe to move forward with plans for this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts