Marvel Animation at the San Diego Comic-Con 2018

Frontier

Staff member
I kind of expected them to focus on Black Panther Quest at the panel. It's premiering a little earlier than I thought (I figured around mid-October), but if they'll follow the same logic of airing only half the Season before taking a break, it should end by December unless they air 2 episodes per week in some cases. Makes me wonder if they have any premieres planned for Halloween or Christmas this year.

As expected, too early to actually announce any new projects (if there will even be any in the near future...). But more animated shorts are still kind of neat.

Syfy Wire has a write-up of the 25th Anniversary for X-Men: TAS panel.

I'm curious if they'll have separate panels for Marvel Rising and the rest of Marvel Animation (in this case, Black Panther Quest and the rest of Guardians) at the New York Comic-Con in early October. Depending on it's premiere date, they might even screen the Marvel Rising movie at the Con before airing on TV.
I'm kind of surprised they didn't mention Guardians at all, but I guess they wanted to focus on the current running cartoon and the closer, upcoming, ones. Probably helps that there will also be a crossover of sorts between the two ;).

Also, it's kind of sad that having any X-Men appear on a cartoon is now on people's bucket lists instead of just being expected to happen :sweat:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I wish there was some more experimental stuff announced like the Rocket & Groot and Ant-Man shorts but Marvel Rising looks promising. It would have been nice to get an update on Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur as well.
Also, it's kind of sad that having any X-Men appear on a cartoon is now on people's bucket lists instead of just being expected to happen :sweat:.
It's especially sad when you consider that the only thing preventing any of the characters from showing up in the cartoons is a corporate embargo. It's not as though throwing these characters into the shows would have boosted the quality of the worst stuff but who knows. I enjoyed all of Wolverine and The Thing's appearances.

Last edited:

thomas2313412

Just an opinion ,Did anyone ask a question to the marvel animation SDCC panel that Spiderman (2017),Avengers Assemble and guardians of the galaxy wrapping productions according to the rumours from Tomb Of The Cartoon Monkey Skeleton blog: https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/06/work-around-town-3.html?m=1

And that the tv production will be taking a hiatus while they focus on animated 'direct to video' movies and shorts,

and are the rumours true?

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Just an opinion ,Did anyone ask a question to the marvel animation SDCC panel that Spiderman (2017),Avengers Assemble and guardians of the galaxy wrapping productions according to the rumours from Tomb Of The Cartoon Monkey Skeleton blog: https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/06/work-around-town-3.html?m=1

And that the tv production will be taking a hiatus while they focus on animated 'direct to video' movies and shorts,

and are the rumours true?
From what I understand, Disney has like a 4 season Policy on their Cartoons, but AA was an exception cause the Black Panther's quest was made to tie in the new Spider-Man show and was conceived before the Black Panther Movie came out.

thomas2313412

From what I understand, Disney has like a 4 season Policy on their Cartoons, but AA was an exception cause the Black Panther's quest was made to tie in the new Spider-Man show and was conceived before the Black Panther Movie came out.

That might be true

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts