Marvel Animation at the New York Comic-Con 2018

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We're roughly a month away from this year's New York Comic-Con, so I figured I might as well start this thread now. No details have surfaced yet, in regards to what Marvel might be highlighting or announcing this time.

I presume a description for the Marvel Animation panel(s) will be released within the next couple of weeks, and this post will be updated with any necessary info, but until then, feel free to use this thread to discuss, add your hopes or predictions about what might be announced.

EDIT 9/5: Here's a list of Marvel Animation related panels featured this year at the New York Comic-Con. Work still in progress, will be updated on a regular basis as more info is available.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
When: Saturday October 6th, between 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Where: The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
Who: Cast and filmmakers
What: Inside look at the movie

Source: NYCC Saturday Schedule

Marvel Animation Presents: Marvel Rising
When: Saturday October 6th, between 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Where: Room 1A06 – Javits Center
Who: Cort Lane, Sana Amanat and surprise guests
What: Special announcements and first looks

Source: NYCC Saturday Schedule

Marvel Animation Presents
When: Sunday October 7th, between 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Room 1A10 – Javits Center
Who: Cort Lane
What: Surprise reveals and announcements, exclusive sneak-peek

Source: NYCC Sunday Schedule

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors Screening
When: Sunday, October 7th, between 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Where: Room 1A10 – Javits Center
Who: Cort Lane and surprise guests
What: Special screening

Source: NYCC Sunday Schedule

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's interesting that this would take place after Secret Warriors aired. I'm guessing that Panther's Quest will be the main focus along with Spider-Man and Guardians will be spoken of as well. I'm not expecting to hear about anything in development so I'll be incredibly surprised if they talk about those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brodie999

It's interesting that this would take place after Secret Warriors aired. I'm guessing that Panther's Quest will be the main focus along with Spider-Man and Guardians will be spoken of as well. I'm not expecting to hear about anything in development so I'll be incredibly surprised if they talk about those.

I know we're only allowed to talk about the animated series on this discussion. But I wonder what they'll reveal from the live-action side of Marvel Television. I bet they'll confirm Luke Cage has been renewed for Season 3 and reveal some info on Daredevil S3 and Jessica Jones S3. Maybe they'll confirm Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Blade Netflix series along the way.

Frontier

Staff member

I'll be interested to see if there will be mention of any kind of follow up to the Marvel Rising movie :).

I definitely think they'll talk a lot about Panther's Quest as they have so far, but I also imagine they're likely to bring up whatever show will take over from Panther's Quest once it inevitably goes on hiatus ;).

When was the last time Marvel Animation announced a new show? I guess Marvel Rising counts. Should we count Moon Girl :sweat:?

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Moon Girl was definitely the last show announced but they have been so quiet since the first press release that it's impossible to gauge how things are going. The only other time I've seen anything about it in an article was an interview about Titmouse, where Chris Prynowski said that he wasn't allowed to say anything as Marvel has to approve anything said about the show.

Marvel gets annoyingly tight lipped about future animation projects. They don't make mention of anything themselves until it's deep into the process.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think the panel will most likely feature only Avengers: Black Panther's Quest (which premieres about 3 weeks prior to Comic-Con), and the 2nd half of Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout (which technically should be the next cartoon to premiere, in Spring 2019). They'll probably also screen more Funko and Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts, but that's about it. I kind of doubt Spider-Man will be highlighted (but again, it all depends on how long the hiatus is supposed to be, if anyone featured at the panel really knows the answer to that).

I don't really expect them to actually announce any new projects. It would be nice if they teased something new or more Marvel Rising, but it might be still too early for anything like that. Back in Summer, I was thinking the Marvel Rising movie might even premiere at Comic-Con before airing on TV, but I wasn't expecting it to come out so early, at the end of September.

EDIT:
From Marvel.com, here's the description for the Marvel Animation panels.
Marvel Animation: To celebrate the arrival of "Marvel Rising," Marvel will have a star-studded panel featuring the cast and creators! And the Marvel Animation Presents panel will be back with news about brand new projects for fans to get excited about -- plus a special screening of "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors"!

I'll wait for the full schedule and dates to be announced before adding it to the list in the opening post.

Frontier

Staff member
EDIT:
From Marvel.com, here's the description for the Marvel Animation panels.

I'll wait for the full schedule and dates to be announced before adding it to the list in the opening post.
I feel like every Marvel Animation panel description teases info on "brand new projects" but it's mostly just stuff we already know about :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Reminder: The Marvel Animation Presents panel at Comic-Con is today, between 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Room 1A10 – Javits Center.

Please use this thread, or the News & Discussion Threads for the already airing Marvel shows to post and discuss any of the announcements made today at the panel.

The news relevant to the Marvel shows will still be added to their respective News & Discussion threads afterwards - if necessary - to keep the topics up to date.

Also, if somehow any completely new projects are announced, expect new threads to be posted shortly afterwards on this very forum.

Additionally, for those attending Comic-Con, there will also be a special screening of the Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors movie, between 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in Room 1A10 – Javits Center. Anyone who wishes to share more thoughts on the feature, please visit its Talkback thread.
"Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Roxas_Sora

Are you kidding me?

NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE NEXT EPISODES OF MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN?!!!!

Do you know about any other Comic Con where it could be announced?

I did right not seeing the last two episodes, so I won't turn crazy for impatience for the "Superior Spider-Junk" to be solved for months.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We've been over this a few times already on the forum - since Spider-Man wasn't even included in the panel's description it was pretty obvious they would focus on the current show (Avengers) and the next show to return (Guardians). I don't know if they even had a Q&A part this year, nothing has been reported online yet as far as I can tell. So I doubt we'll hear anything new about Spider-Man this year. The earliest any news could come out I guess is around Wonder Con next year, but I think it's too early to start speculating about that right now.

Back on topic, I do find it kind of odd they mentioned Marvel Superhero Adventures would be featured at the panel, yet it was absent. Still, the LEGO Spidey animated special they announced was indeed a "surprise reveal".

EDIT:
Comics Beat has a summary of the Marvel Animation Presents panel. Looks like they did talk about Marvel Superhero Adventures and there were a couple of questions. (But nothing about Spider-Man is mentioned).

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I can understand leaving out Marvel Superhero Adventures, that would be like having a panel devoted to Blues Clues.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts