Marvel and Funko Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

• Today is the last day to enter the Spirited Away: GKids Ticket Giveaway. Enter soon! Details here.

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
January 18th:
I liked the ending, with the bird saluting Cap for finishing his mission. :p

So, any guesses who might show up in the last three shorts this season? I presume Spider-Man and Iron Man will appear eventually. Loki's already been in two shorts, so I suppose we could see some heroes more than once a well.

January 21st:
Collider lists some of the heroes & villains that are supposed to appear in this season; I put emphasis on the ones who haven't showed up yet.
Marvel and Funko have collaborated to create a second season of the extremely popular Marvel Funko animated shorts, the fifth of which, Submarine Showdown, was recently released! There are 8 Marvel Funko animated shorts in total for this second season and each one is ninety seconds in length. Featuring some of Marvel’s most popular Super Heroes and Villains, including Thor, Loki, Hulk, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Red Skull, Ant-Man, Hulkbuster, Ultron, Spider-Gwen, and Venom, the new animated short Submarine Showdown is AVAILABLE NOW on the Marvel HQ YouTube page.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,431 46
Sherman Oaks CA
January 18th:
I liked the ending, with the bird saluting Cap for finishing his mission. :p

So, any guesses who might show up in the last three shorts this season? I presume Spider-Man and Iron Man will appear eventually. Loki's already been in two shorts, so I suppose we could see some heroes more than once a well.

January 21st:
Collider lists some of the heroes & villains that are supposed to appear in this season; I put emphasis on the ones who haven't showed up yet.
I'm guessing Spider-Gwen and Venom will be in the same short together, though with 3 shorts left I'm curious to see what they do with Ant-Man, Ultron, and the Hulkbuster (which I guess counts for Iron Man :sweat:?)...

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
Here's the new Ant-Man short:
When Ultron gains possession of the Hulkbuster at Avengers HQ, Ant-Man proves that size doesn't matter - it's how you use it.

Saw one of them (Hulk and Black Widow) when I was marathoning Star Wars Rebels. It was okay for what it was. i guess I should track some of these down.
You can find links to all the shorts released so far in the opening post of this thread.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,630 7
Framingham, MA
Marvel / Funko "Ant-Man's Robot Rumble! Little Robot, Big Problem"

The Funko shorts really show a diverse selection of heroes.

For the record, Chips Ahoy Oreos are nummy. Unless that's a Biggie Iggy. Which is nummier. ***1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,431 46
Sherman Oaks CA
A new short, "Magnet Mayhem", is now online. I think it premiered earlier at Comic-Con.
This feels like a short they should've had premiere around the time Homecoming was out in theaters :sweat:.

Vulture doesn't look near as intimidating when his wings are shrunk so much...

Hey, Spider-Man got to save Iron Man this time :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.