Marvel and Funko Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

• Today is the last day to enter the Spirited Away: GKids Ticket Giveaway. Enter soon! Details here.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,430 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Y'know, I wonder how much Baby Groot we're going to see in Marvel Animation going forward after that trailer for Vol. 2? Can they resist not including something so adorable :anime:?

Run Rocket, don't let Benicio Del Toro catch you :p.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,768 5
Canada
I thought this short was a lot of fun and way more interesting than the previous one. I thought the Spider-Man/Iron Man short was fine, but I didn't understand why so many people seemed to love it. The Rocket/Groot short was really fun and cute. Rocket running from the Collector to save Baby Groot was fun and humorous. I guess less superhero action and more comedic hijinks was amusing to see. Ironically, people seems to just like this one a bit. I guess I just have different tastes.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,768 5
Canada
Kidscreen has an interesting interview about the creation of these Marvel Funko shorts. The most interesting part of this article in my opinion is Marvel's increased interest in short-length content.

I hope that doesn't mean 22-minute shows are being replaced with 11-minute ones even though both can produce great results. More shorts on TV or online (depending on the length) definitely makes sense considering the changing landscape of media consumption however.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
September 29th:
Interview with Cort Lane about these Marvel Funko shorts.
He teases an upcoming short with Hulk & Black Widow:
“From a storytelling perspective, there’s one coming up with Hulk and Black Widow that’s a personal favorite of mine which plays on their interesting relationship. I love those two characters because there’s such contrast there,” Lane teased. “I don’t want to reveal too much about this comedy short in advance. What I will say is that they’re on a spy mission and Hulk isn’t so great at spy missions.”
November 1st:
A new short, "Mjolnir Mischief ", is now online:

Loki starts a battle with his older half-brother, Thor, and the two go staff-to-hammer on a barren, rocky planet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.