Marvel acquires Alien and Predator licenses from Dark Horse

Latest News & Videos

Dantheman

Dec 1, 2005
Michigan USA
Story

It looks like Dark Horse is boned on this one. But it looks like we might see Alien and Predator crossovers with Marvel characters, like Dark Horse did with DC.

rggkjg1

You'll Believe A Man Can Fly
Mar 2, 2002
Philly Philly Earth-96
www.myspace.com
I wanted to get into Dark Horse's Alien comics, but I wasn't really impressed with what they had to offer once I dug into them. I had two main problems with the direction of the entire Alien line that turned me off. First was them strictly following the continuity of the 4 films. Second was that the focus seemed to be more on the Aliens themselves and not the human characters. I want to read about Ripley and characters I've already seen, not brand new characters, and hopefully stories that took place after the 2nd movie ignoring everything after 3.

Hopefully Marvel does something different instead of just copying the Dark Horse line, but if it all looks the same to me, I won't be bothering. Doing Team Ups/VS mini series with Marvel characters would be too gimicky for me, so I hope that isn't planned either.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Story

It looks like Dark Horse is boned on this one. But it looks like we might see Alien and Predator crossovers with Marvel characters, like Dark Horse did with DC.
Oh, I hope so and after all, the Brood from that X-Men storyline were modeled after the Xenomorphs.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Dark Horse is losing titles left and right. Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Usagi Yojimbo and now this. Is Hellboy the only high-profile book they have left?

Reactions: Fone Bone

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Dark Horse is losing titles left and right. Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Usagi Yojimbo and now this. Is Hellboy the only high-profile book they have left?
Not really. They still have the Avatarverse since the Katara-centric graphic novel Katara and the Pirate's Silver will be on sale this October coming and I haven't heard from anywhere that the franchise will be leaving Dark Horse.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what is upsetting about comedy central is that the network is always airing the office series too much
did you think that nickelodeon should slow down the reruns of spongebob and air the old spongebob episodes on nicktoons?
Since people were calling me out for this a few days ago, do you think I defend Nickelodeon too much?
What if cartoons of the past met cartoons of the future?
Coming Tommorow:The reveal of Toonverse,a new kids channel concept!
Tis the place where toons live!
I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (65) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (48) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (39) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).