"Mao Mao: Heroes Of Pure Heart" News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
According to Zap2it, an episode is airing tomorrow at 9:45 A.M. It's possibly the same episode that's already online, but it's only marked as "sneak peek", so I can't say for sure.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
According to Zap2it, an episode is airing tomorrow at 9:45 A.M. It's possibly the same episode that's already online, but it's only marked as "sneak peek", so I can't say for sure.
Looks like CN is giving its viewers a special treat, since fan reception has been quite positive.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’m more hyped for this than Infinity Train. It appears to be very reminiscent of several quirky anime such as Samurai Pizza Cats and Cyborg Kuro Chan.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I know I'm late to the party, but I have to say that so far, I've really enjoyed this series. The characters are fun; although parts of them may be "stereotypical," it certainly doesn't feel that way. The jokes don't all land, but there certainly are some strong ones that balance out the great action the series has shown so far. I do have to agree with others saying how this show was such an "out-of-the-blue" surprise. It's not like it was announced and the first episode was slated to air a few months later, the announcement came with the first episode.

I'm going to be keeping up with this one.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Do you know why Cartoon Network announced this show out of nowhere? Usually they would announce they greenlit a series a year or more before airing it, not 6 weeks.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
They probably want to experiment with how they put out their shows, and judging by the reception Mao Mao's gotten, it looks like the strategy works just fine.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Maybe it was too epic that they had to keep it secretive until a few weeks before airing.

Digamma-F-Wau

The fact that they're giving the show plenty of promotion now is def a sign that they weren't trying to bury it or anything but rather were doing some weird promotion experiment

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Do you know why Cartoon Network announced this show out of nowhere? Usually they would announce they greenlit a series a year or more before airing it, not 6 weeks.
It had to do with IP copyright issues. Apparently the show's name wasn't finalized until the 11th hour.

They probably want to experiment with how they put out their shows, and judging by the reception Mao Mao's gotten, it looks like the strategy works just fine.
Ironic considering this is the first new CN IP in a while to gain a good amount of attention right away.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here's a sneak peek of a new episode of Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart.

StellaMagic

I saw this clip and what his sisters wound up with. From what I saw, Shin may have been a hero of his time, but when it came to fatherhood, he stinks worse than my cats' litterboxes.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
I really hope its not a sign the show is getting axed
I don't think so. Cartoon Network premieres new episodes of Craig of the Creek, Victor and Valentino (which aired in that timeslot since its debut), and Ben 10 on Saturday mornings.

It's SUNDAYS you should be worried about.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't think so. Cartoon Network premieres new episodes of Craig of the Creek, Victor and Valentino (which aired in that timeslot since its debut), and Ben 10 on Saturday mornings.

It's SUNDAYS you should be worried about.

As long as this show doesn't get axed like OK K.O. did and is actually given a chance to get better than it is (and it is plenty good, so far), my hopes aren't too high as I want them to be, hearing this change in schedule, admittedly.

Then again, online streaming is the new true norm, now; hopefully THAT is where this show is doing well.

If they haven't already, these mostly behind execs running things really would benefit in seeing what people truly want (this show being one od those mant things people want to see have a healthy shelf-life / life in general), should they actually start paying more attention to that, instead of whining and crying over falling TV ratings, now that less and less people want general TV, to tell the TRUTH.

Plus, there are profits to be had here. This does lend itself well to collectables and maybe some video games. And I'm not in it to see profits made off of it; that's just bonus points for making a good show (which this thankfully is) and giving it actually good treatment, to boot.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I agree. What do you hope to see in a Mao Mao episode? I hope to see an enemy mine ep where Mao Mao and Orangusnake are forced to work together.
I could see that being really hilarious. I would eventually like to see our main characters venture out of Pure Heart on a quest, maybe during a half hour special?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts