"Mao Mao: Heroes Of Pure Heart" News & Discussion Thread

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
It hasn't been officially announced, but there's more than enough evidence to show this being Cartoon Network's next cartoon. Cartoon Network filed several trademarks for it. The former head of the Animation Guild said that it's being made by Titmouse for Cartoon Network. A number of linkedin profiles show people working on it at Titmouse. And, most recently, a composer who worked on OK KO: Let's Be Heroes accidentally leaked that I Love You Mao Mao will be premiering on Cartoon Network later this year. I've attached the screenshot but the blog has since been edited to remove that line, merely saying instead that he worked on another show that he can't talk about yet. I'm hoping Cartoon Network will drop the charade as this thing just needs to be announced. It's the worst kept secret they have.

Its creator, Parker Simmons, worked at Cartoon Network for a number of years. Yet he's also worked on I Love You Mao Mao for quite some time as well, as you can find a number of older animations online. It seemed to be a newgrounds project, and later a short got made for Titmouse. This animation was from 2014, so it's hardly a fair representation of what this new show will be like, but it's the most animation we have so far. There's also some old character designs on his tumblr.

Attachments

• leak.png
    leak.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Yep, I heard about the trademarks a while ago. Is this a co production between CN Studios and Titmouse or fully the latter?

And wow, it's been a while since you've been on here Huntsman!

Last edited:

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
They put the first episode up on demand. A stealth premiere of a Cartoon Network Original, never even officially announced at an upfront or anything. That's... a bizarre thing for them to do, but it may still be a while before the next episode if this was just a sneak peek.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Official premiere is July 1 at 6:10 P.M. with new episodes continuing Mondays through the summer. Another episode will be On Demand June 3 and 8 more will be available on June 28.

Digamma-F-Wau

The fact that the first ep was great despite having some of that "first episode" growing pains vibe to it gives me hope that further episodes will be even better. Parker worked on a lot of the great earlier OK KO eps.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Good episide art and animation is pretty good and I like the characters so far. Some humor is hit or miss but hey first episode growing pains

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
This is gonna be a fun series. I can feel it in my jellies!:cool:

Digamma-F-Wau

Are the voices of the characters announced yet?
Most of the VAs aren't people who'd be immediately recognizable, but rather people who work on titmouse shows: Mao Mao is voiced by creator Parker Simmons himself, Badgerclops is voiced by Griffith Kimmins (who's done animation on some titmouse series and served as a director on China IL), and Adorabat is voiced by Lika Leong (who served as a production coordinator on some shows). The only people with regular VA work who are on the first episode are Chris "Jackson Publick" McCulloch (who voiced Orangusnake, Boss Hosstrige, and one of the villagers), and Debra Wilson (who voiced a few minor female characters)

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
The first episode was a pretty good start. I'm likin' the art style and animation, plus the characters are enjoyable.

I get a Hector Con Carne vibe from the Orangu-Snake villain, what with the snake being the brains on top of a big dumb body.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Wow, for how out of nowhere this show was announced, it's already getting some decent attention on internet circles, which is definitely impressive for a new CN original that isn't Infinity Train.

I'll definitely want to check this out for that alone.

DeanBurrito25

This looks interesting...and fun! About time CN get its own Titmouse animated series.

I will be sure to check out the first episode at some point, but so far I like what I see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts