"Mao Mao: Heroes Of Pure Heart" News & Discussion Thread

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’m thrilled Mao Mao is getting Season 2 and yes while it’s not getting treated as badly as certain other shows, they could treat it a lot better by airing it at night especially since the show takes me back to when I watched Cartoon Network for the anime on Saturdays. I also wish this show would get merchandise. Seriously Mao Mao and Adorabat are ripe characters for plushies.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I'm not sure I completely agree that Cartoon Network is mistreating the show. If CN really hated the show, I don't think they would have contacted Parker Simmons to record a creative, custom promo for these last ten or so episodes. I saw it play nearly every commercial break when I had Cartoon Network on.

Yes, I wish the show would have more airtime. Yes, I wish the premiere wasn't a "surprise" announcement in a press release (that already hurt the show exposure wise). Yes, I wish these last episodes weren't delayed and aired in the overused "bomb" format. But I do think it could be a lot worse. They could air new episodes at 6 a.m. instead of 12:30 p.m., a decent time slot. Plus, booting it to HBO Max might make it lose viewership, since it sounds like the streaming service isn't all that popular yet.

Maybe I'm missing something (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't think the show's treatment has been all that bad.

Another example of disrespect to Parker Simmons. Recorded an English promo with a totally different actor as Mao Mao.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
So.

Just went back and looked, and I realized that it's now been over a year since the season 2 announcement and since the last episode of season 1 aired on Cartoon Network.

Anyone else getting impatient/worried? Maybe the season is just taking extra long to produce with COVID?

PM13

So.

Just went back and looked, and I realized that it's now been over a year since the season 2 announcement and since the last episode of season 1 aired on Cartoon Network.

Anyone else getting impatient/worried? Maybe the season is just taking extra long to produce with COVID?
Didn't realize there was a news and discussion for Mao Mao but I guess it just be that long since we heard anything from it. It could be cuz of COVID. The creators of Big City Greens said that the third season might be while to premiere cuz of the switch to working home thanks to the virus

PM13

Also the creator confirmed season 2 won't premiere this fall.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

I think he means that there is a season 2 and is already finished, CN is just sitting on it instead of releasing it for who knows what reason.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
You'd think they give at least some reruns for the show. The last time the show aired at all was September 2020.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I think he means that there is a season 2 and is already finished, CN is just sitting on it instead of releasing it for who knows what reason.
That's my hope, especially since CN confirmed season 2 was in production in 2020. If it's finished, I wonder why it hasn't been released yet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts