"Mao Mao: Heroes Of Pure Heart" News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
According to Zap2it, an episode is airing tomorrow at 9:45 A.M. It's possibly the same episode that's already online, but it's only marked as "sneak peek", so I can't say for sure.
Looks like CN is giving its viewers a special treat, since fan reception has been quite positive.

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
I know I'm late to the party, but I have to say that so far, I've really enjoyed this series. The characters are fun; although parts of them may be "stereotypical," it certainly doesn't feel that way. The jokes don't all land, but there certainly are some strong ones that balance out the great action the series has shown so far. I do have to agree with others saying how this show was such an "out-of-the-blue" surprise. It's not like it was announced and the first episode was slated to air a few months later, the announcement came with the first episode.

I'm going to be keeping up with this one.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
They probably want to experiment with how they put out their shows, and judging by the reception Mao Mao's gotten, it looks like the strategy works just fine.

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
The fact that they're giving the show plenty of promotion now is def a sign that they weren't trying to bury it or anything but rather were doing some weird promotion experiment

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Do you know why Cartoon Network announced this show out of nowhere? Usually they would announce they greenlit a series a year or more before airing it, not 6 weeks.
It had to do with IP copyright issues. Apparently the show's name wasn't finalized until the 11th hour.

They probably want to experiment with how they put out their shows, and judging by the reception Mao Mao's gotten, it looks like the strategy works just fine.
Ironic considering this is the first new CN IP in a while to gain a good amount of attention right away.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.