Major Channel Overhauls

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Jim Samples became president in 2001 and his first CN original premiered in 2003: Star Wars Clone Wars. Then he gradually cancelled all of Betty Cohen's cartoons. This is why Samurai Jack was cancelled in 2004. By April 2005, only Billy & Mandy and Ed, Edd n Eddy remained.

Stuart Snyder did the exact same thing. He became president in 2007. His first original was Adventure Time in 2010. By September 2010, all of Samples' cartoons were cancelled.

Christina Miller became president in 2014 and her first programs premiered in 2016/2017: the PPG and Ben 10 reboots. When she left in 2019, two of Snyder's cartoons were still running: Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. Both ended in 2020. I feel she was less willing to cancel than her predecessors.

Tom Ascheim recently became president. Unicorn: Warriors Eternal will be his first CN original. He is also the president of WB Animation.

I have two questions:

1) Why do you guys think presidents do things like this?
2) What do you guys think Tom Ascheim will do?

Last edited:

tykroma94

Jim Samples became president in 2001 and his first CN original premiered in 2003: Star Wars Clone Wars. Then he gradually cancelled all of Betty Cohen's cartoons. This is why Samurai Jack was cancelled in 2004. By April 2005, only Billy & Mandy and Ed, Edd n Eddy remained.

Stuart Snyder did the exact same thing. He became president in 2007. His first original was Adventure Time in 2010. By September 2010, all of Samples' cartoons were cancelled.

Christina Miller became president in 2014 and her first programs premiered in 2016/2017: the PPG and Ben 10 reboots. When she left in 2019, two of Snyder's cartoons were still running: Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. Both ended in 2020. I feel she was less willing to cancel than her predecessors.

Tom Ascheim recently became president. Unicorn: Warriors Eternal will be his first CN original. He is also the president of WB Animation.

I have two questions:

1) Why do you guys think presidents do things like this?
2) What do you guys think Tom Ascheim will do?
I think the reason why presidents do this is because different presidents have different goals they want to set for the company they oversee.
I believe Tom Ascheim will make originals for both CN and HBO Max. I hope he brings programming blocks back to the channel.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts