James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Lcasfilm has released press details about its upcoming Star Wars: The High Republic publishing initiative, which includes a series of graphic novels and novels set in a new era. Details:

LUCASFILM TO LAUNCH STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC
PUBLISHING CAMPAIGN IN 2020

NEW STORIES WILL EXPLORE THE STAR WARS GALAXY
SET 200 YEARS BEFORE THE EVENTS OF THE PHANTOM MENACE.

Later this year, Lucasfilm will launch an epic new era of Star Wars storytelling that will be explored through multiple voices in adult and young adult novels, children’s books, and comics from a variety of publishers including Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, IDW Publishing, and Marvel.

Star Wars: The High Republic, which has previously been referred to as “Project Luminous”, will be set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.

“We are so excited to be opening up such a rich, fertile era for our authors to explore,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “We’ll get to see the Jedi in their prime.”

Star Wars: The High Republic features the Jedi as we’ve always wanted to see them — as true guardians of peace and justice. This is a hopeful, optimistic time, when the Jedi and the Galactic Republic are at their height. But of course, into this glorious new era something wicked this way comes,” says Lucasfilm publishing creative director Michael Siglain. “This initiative will give readers young and old a new corner of the galaxy to explore through rich, meaningful stories. Plus, readers will learn what scares the Jedi.”

“This was a golden age for the Jedi, and also a time of galactic expansion in the Outer Rim. So expect there to be rich tales of exploration; charting out the galaxy, meeting new cultures, and discovering what pioneer life in the Outer Rim was like. This is an incredible sandbox for our storytellers to play in, both within publishing and beyond, and we can’t wait to see the great fiction they build within it,” says Lucasfilm vice president, franchise content and strategy James Waugh.

As previously announced, Star Wars: The High Republic has enlisted top-tier, fan-favorite authors Claudia Gray, Justina Ireland, Daniel José Older, Cavan Scott, and Charles Soule to craft this new era of Star Wars publishing.

The first books and comics are set to debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in August 2020 with Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, a massive interconnected story that’s told across various formats by various publishers.

The first wave of Star Wars: The High Republic titles includes:

• Star Wars: The High Republic: Into the Dark by Claudia Gray (Young Adult novel, Disney Lucasfilm Press)
  • Star Wars: The High Republic: A Test of Courage by Justina Ireland (Middle Grade novel, Disney Lucasfilm Press)
  • Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures by Daniel José Older (IDW Publishing comic book series)
  • Star Wars: The High Republic by Cavan Scott (Marvel comic book series)
  • Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule (Adult novel, Del Rey)
What are your thoughts on this upcoming Star Wars initiative?

Reactions: Yojimbo

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
"This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production."

That was a sight for sore eyes. Quite excited to see what the golden age will be like. And there's a Wookie Jedi. :D

Reactions: Otaku-sempai

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
As a big fan of The Old Republic, I am really looking forward to this initiative. It's nice to see Lucasfilm pushing ahead with something like this. I've been waiting to see some new time periods explored and while I find the 200 years gap between this and TPM a little small for my liking I'm still looking forward to this. I love the idea of exploring the Jedi of this different eras especially given their long history and this should be something fresh and new. And maybe this will lead into some rumored movies that are being worked on. I think I'd like a Star Wars: The High Republic movie or even an animated series down the road.

Reactions: Yojimbo

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
A wise decision, I say and is it me or does the blonde haired Jedi seen in the cover art of Light of the Jedi look a bit like Jodie Whittaker, the incumbent Thirteenth Doctor in Doctor Who?

Reactions: Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
A wise decision, I say and is it me or does the blonde haired Jedi seen in the cover art of Light of the Jedi look a bit like Jodie Whittaker, the incumbent Thirteenth Doctor in Doctor Who?
It's probably coincidental, but I do see a resemblance.

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice." So we aren't even looking at a history of 1000 years, but more like twenty times that.

Reactions: AdrenalineRush1996

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
4/2: Star Wars.com released a first look and bios at the Jedi Knights: Ava Kriss, Loden Greatstorm, Keeve Trennis, Stellan Gios, and Vernestra "Vern" Rwoh.

5/26: Launch of High Republic stalled to January 2021. Charles Soule's Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi and Justina Ireland’s Star Wars: The High Republic: A Test of Courage will now both go on sale January 5, 2021. Claudia Gray's Star Wars: The High Republic: Into the Dark will now arrive on February 2, 2021.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently Mordecai has an account on Discord.
Make sure you check my channel idea, Toonverse! Go to make your own channel thread for more details!!

So this is interesting. There's a post about Arby's cookies, yet most of the comments are about Lumity (Luz and Amity). I mean, they have a good dynamic, though it's weird how this tweet is bombarded with comments about them.
The winner of this matchup is Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold, which got 2 votes. A Muppet Family Christmas got 1 vote. Now we start round 4. This matchup is between Into The Hundred Acre Wood and Quack Pack.

I started a Free Trial of the Boomerang App and I don't know if I should try it out, or just wait until more of it's content is available on HBO Max.