Loud House or Harvey Beaks?

Which show do you prefer?

• Total voters

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
These two shows are easily the best received original Nicktoons the channel has had in quite some time, so I figured I might as well ask: which one of these two do you guys prefer?

Personally, I quite like both shows, but my vote would be for the Loud House. As good as Harvey Beaks' music, atmosphere, and heart can get, my enjoyment of a given episode seems to typically come down to how strong the story is (since the comedy and side characters really aren't that great IMHO), meaning if the plot isn't very good the entire episode basically loses my interest. The Loud House more constantly keeps me engaged by having a more fun and colorful cast, lively character animation, and a really good mix of the comically exaggerated and down-to-earth. I'd be very much lying if I said that show was perfect and did everything better than Harvey, but I think it's advantages are what personally appeals to me more as a viewer.

The Loud House The Best Nicktoons since Tmnt 2012 . The story is Good . THE Charecters are good and decent. And each episode is good.

jaylop97

Staff member
I think my vote goes for Loud House, because HB is good but too good in my opinion, I really think that Loud House has a good mixture of problems that families can have and how different can people of a family be but still work together, and is something that I can relate to because I am apart of a large family as well.

Also I enjoy watching how the episodes end in the opinion of Lincoln either being good or bad in people's eyes but to him end acceptable and that is all that matters because Lincoln reminds me that things should end according to your acceptance to the situation no matter if it has a good/bad outcome rather your acceptance.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Harvey Beaks has seniority on its side by being consistently good.

Loud House gets better and better with each passing episode so far.

Yeah - it's a tie for me, as long as the quality of both stay and continue to rise consistently going forward, of course.

ToonsJazzLover

Harvey Beaks is better since the show is more relatable to me. The writing is more clever than the Loud House since it reminds me of later Fairly OddParents (because of 3 writers used to work on that show).

Eldorado

Harvey Beaks is good but it's too slow and compared to The Loud House. It's almost even...boring at times

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I prefer The Loud House. I like Harvey Beaks, but honestly, I haven't gotten as much enjoyment out of it as The Loud House.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
The Loud House, by far.

I tried watching Harvey Beaks a couple times and always sat there stone-faced.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I like The Loud House more. Harvey Beaks skews younger, but that's fine, it's a children's network.

Freav

BeakFreav
Pretty sure that my choice is way too obvious if you've seen most of my posts in this site. And I know that it's by far the most unpopular choice almost anywhere but for me it's no contest, Harvey Beaks all the way!
No disrespect to the Loud House obviously, as I love the show as well, I can totally understand liking it more than Harvey Beaks and I see why it's a way more popular cartoon, but they aim for different things, and Harvey Beaks hits more with me.

There are many details in that show that will probably seem insignifficant to most but hit the spot for me. I know that art direction doesn't make a show, but the combination of backgrounds and music have given me chills multiple times watching the show, which is not easy to do (plus the stories are always very original and well written, which is obviously important). And, while the humor is not instantaneous and might not appeal to everyone, I've always found it an underratedly funny show.

What I mean is, The Loud House is an extremely entertaining cartoon, but none of its episodes have left the impression the best episodes of Harvey Beaks have left on me (with a possible exception of "For Bros About to Rock")

Dudley

Staff member
I tried to get into Harvey Beaks multiple times, but I find it boring.

I feel that the Loud House keeps getting better, plus I really like the art direction in it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
The Loud House. It's currently the best cartoon on television right now, SvTFOE being a close second.

Harvey Beaks was alright, definitely a cut above what Nickelodeon was churning out for a long while before it, but its also glacial paced, tepid, and quite boring.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Put me in the crowd of people who thought Harvey Beaks while interesting to look at is pretty boring

Last edited:

Zanneck

It's settled, then - a new Renaissance for Nickelodeon begins with making shows as good as or better then (if possible) like The Loud House. And that's fact.

And for the record, let's remember one HONEST TO GOD thing here (also FACT.): we ain't in no Renaissance for this specific channel / corporation (or Western Animation as a whole!). NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Trust me on this.

On my own personal note, thinking harder about it - Harvey Beaks really does feel like something that belongs on Nick Jr. It's a good cartoon, infinitely better than the garbage that is Breadwinners/Sanjay & Craig/Pig Goat Banana Cricket turned out before said advent by far - but it's got nothing on The Loud House in terms of how things started out and how well it's doing for itself now. Where The Loud House has more than earned its fan-base... HB is lucky to have anyone who still likes said show enough to want to be a fan of it, at this point.

I'm-ma be even more honest... I'm not liking too much where Season 2 of HB is going so far. Making that baby villainous in her behavior feels like a huge step down, alone. And one I'm quite proud to be very, very weary of, too!

Last edited:

rockorockorocko

I don't really like the fact that there's some belittling regarding HB. And although I understand the topic, why choose one or the other? These are two gems that Nick has not had in years. Added to a MUCH improved SBSP and an always-solid action cartoon in TMNT - the quartet makes the network "new" again. Shoot, throw in AatC because it isn't THAT bad either, given its a third-party acquisiton.

I personally love SJC, but BW and PGBC was just way too much gross-out. SJC would've been fine. I'm not really sure what the upcoming Nicktoons will be like, but Nick struck gold in TLH - both in ratings and reception - and HB has at least earned itself a bronze - which isn't shabby at all.

Here's hoping Nick can somehow get HB some love with reruns. I still think it has room to grow.

kanc

Sad to hear that HB isn't performing well in TLH ratings. I really do prefer Loud House than Harvey Beaks. Because i think unique style is nice. But other than that it's hard for me to choose which is best. Both have gotten positive reviews. Disappointing that Harvey Beaks fans are slowly dropping

Freav

BeakFreav
It's settled, then - a new Renaissance for Nickelodeon begins with making shows as good as or better then (if possible) like The Loud House. And that's fact.

And for the record, let's remember one HONEST TO GOD thing here (also FACT.): we ain't in no Renaissance for this specific channel / corporation (or Western Animation as a whole!). NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Trust me on this.

On my own personal note, thinking harder about it - Harvey Beaks really does feel like something that belongs on Nick Jr. It's a good cartoon, infinitely better than the garbage that is Breadwinners/Sanjay & Craig/Pig Goat Banana Cricket turned out before said advent by far - but it's got nothing on The Loud House in terms of how things started out and how well it's doing for itself now. Where The Loud House has more than earned its fan-base... HB is lucky to have anyone who still likes said show enough to want to be a fan of it, at this point.

I'm-ma be even more honest... I'm not liking too much where Season 2 of HB is going so far. Making that baby villainous in her behavior feels like a huge step down, alone. And one I'm quite proud to be very, very weary of, too!
I don't get this particular statement, most of your claims before it were more related to popularity rather than how good a show is (and I do agree with most of what you said above, maybe not the nick jr thing to a point (even if it does feel like it), but this is not the thread where I'll argue that), so do you mean that people shouldn't want to be a fan of something if other people don't like it? is that why people watch shows? to be part of something? God, I hate fandoms.

I consider myself a fan of the show, and I don't feel like it is lucky that there are people like me who like it (heck, it's the least it deserves), if much worse shows (not referring to the loud house obviously, as that show is in fact, great) do have small fanbases, why should anyone be surprised that there might be, actually, fans of Harvey Beaks. Maybe I misread or put too much thought into it anyways, and if so I'm sorry.

Zanneck

I don't get this particular statement, most of your claims before it were more related to popularity rather than how good a show is (and I do agree with most of what you said above, maybe not the nick jr thing to a point (even if it does feel like it), but this is not the thread where I'll argue that), so do you mean that people shouldn't want to be a fan of something if other people don't like it? is that why people watch shows? to be part of something? God, I hate fandoms.

I consider myself a fan of the show, and I don't feel like it is lucky that there are people like me who like it (heck, it's the least it deserves), if much worse shows (not referring to the loud house obviously, as that show is in fact, great) do have small fanbases, why should anyone be surprised that there might be, actually, fans of Harvey Beaks. Maybe I misread or put too much thought into it anyways, and if so I'm sorry.

I'm not out to insult others here. Personally, I think it's a shame HB ain't more popular, but I feel I must stand by what I said, due to my criticism being necessary for me to do in comparison to TLH.

And count me in as someone who ain't too big on fandoms as well, if that makes you feel any better...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts