Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2016
Ratings
did anyone find a laserdisc print of I only have eyes for you and when I yoo hoo
Both "I Only Have Eyes For You" and "When I Yoo Hoo" were released on the 5th volume on The Golden Age Of Looney Tunes laserdisc, and they use USA Turner dubbed 1995 prints, rather than the old ones. So for these two cartoons searching for old prints without the dubbed endings would be very rare.

Both "I Only Have Eyes For You" and "When I Yoo Hoo" were released on the 5th volume on The Golden Age Of Looney Tunes laserdisc, and they use USA Turner dubbed 1995 prints, rather than the old ones. So for these two cartoons searching for old prints without the dubbed endings would be very rare.
yes I know but ain't we got fun has an original print

maybe some foreign site has one can you find one?

you have a laserdisc print?

what about I'm a big shot now?

Mar 16, 2016
Ratings
ain't we got fun and I only have eyes for you were released in the same volume

how come ain't we got fun has original BR while I only have eyes for you is dubbed version
Pre-1995 TV airings of "Ain't We Got Fun", especially the airing on WTBS' The Tom & Jerry Funhouse on TBS USA from 1986-1997 and on CN USA's Bugs & Daffy Tonight from 1992-1995 have the original BR title.

It is also released as a bonus feature on The Life Of Emile Zoia DVD, hence making it one of the very rare a.a.p. prints of pre-1948 Looney Tunes cartoons to be released on DVD (others include Malibu Beach Party, evidenced from The Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies HQ Project Torrent).

Mar 16, 2016
Ratings
I Wanna Play House is the laserdisc "dubbed version"? If it is the original END titles are lost forever.

I honestly don't care about the ending titles being restored. I just want to know if they are lost due to no DVD release like I Only Have Eyes for You.
"I Wanna Play House" was released on laserdisc as a "dubbed version".

Its a pity that a large selection of pre-1948 Looney Tunes cartoons of the 1930s till 1940 (Don't Look Now, I'd Love To Take Orders From You, A Sunbonnet Blue, The Sneezing Weasel, The Mice Will Play, My Little Buckaroo, The Curious Puppy, Streamlined Greta Green, Shop Look & Listen, I Wanna Play House, I'm A Big Shot Now, When I Yoo Hoo, At Your Service Madame, Plenty Of Money And You) don't have any prints with the original ending cards ever released on any home video format. Because these cartoons were released on laserdisc as dubbed versions.

The original ending cards are presumed to be lost in the 16mm dupe negatives available in the Turner vaults, but these cartoons' original 35mm negatives with the original ending cards would still survive in the WB vaults, but remain untouched unless they are restored (since any unrestored cartoons from the a.a.p. package released on home media after the Time Warner-Turner merger use 1995 dubbed versions), and considering how WB seems to be less interested in restoring 1930s cartoons than the 1940s-1950s cartoons, chances for finding prints of these cartoons with the original ending cards is much more rare.

Some of the cartoons mentioned above manage to survive their original ending cards on Turner's 16mm dupe negatives (all evidenced by Cartoon Network Latin America/Tooncast TV airings). They are I'd Love To Take Orders From You, The Sneezing Weasel, The Mice Will Play and Plenty Of Money And You.

Mar 16, 2016
Ratings
On this French website (http://t.avery.free.fr/index2.html) I found some screenshots of title cards from old a.a.p. prints and EU Turner dubbed 1995 versions of selected Looney Tunes cartoons by director Tex Avery. These screenshots give us a hint on how their old and EU Turner prints would look like.

Note: Some of the EU Turner print opening cards have French subtitles because they come from recordings from a French TV channel France 3.

1. Oldest a.a.p. print title card of "Don't Look Now"
WB10BR.jpg

2. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "I'd Love To Take Orders From You". Note that the EU print has purple borders unlike the US print which had blue borders.
WB04E.jpg

3. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "I Love To Singa". The EU print has red borders like the US print, except that the EU print's border is slightly thinner than those of the US print (US print confirmed by a recording from Tooncast) .
WB06BRDV.jpg

4. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "I Only Have Eyes For You". The EU print has red borders like the US print, except that the EU print's border is slightly thinner than those of the US print.
WB13BRE.jpg

5. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "Daffy Duck & Egghead". Like the US print, the EU print has the recreated Blue Ribbon title card, no borders in the cartoon title, use the 1947-1947 dubbed ending card, and have an altered end track (the 1945-1955 Merrie Melodies ending music cue replaces the original 1937-1938 Merrie Melodies ending music cue). Although the only difference is the US print has red border around the 1952-1953 green-rings-and-red-background WB shield, while the EU print has no borders around the 1952-1953 green-rings-and-red-background WB shield (US print confirmed by a recording from Tooncast).
WB17BR.jpg

6. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "A Day At The Zoo". Looks completely identical to those of the US print.
WB32BRE.jpg

7. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "The Bear's Tale". Looks completely identical to those of the US print, but bear in mind that the US & EU print would probably have different 1938 Leon Schlesinger dubbed ending cards.
WB42BR.jpg

8. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "Hollywood Steps Out"
WB53BRDV.jpg

9. EU Turner Dubbed 1995 version title card of "Of Fox & Hounds". The USA print has no borders (confirmed by a recording from Cartoon Network USA), unlike the EU print which had red borders.
WB48BRDV.jpg

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
616 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
I found I only have eyes for you, 1937 from TV Puls 2 with replaced ending Dubbed card. Maybe, I'll upload that cartoon with recreation (whole short, not ending card).

BTW: Here's the original ending title card for "Shop, Look and Listen", 1940 at 2:36.

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
616 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
@NewBogus :)

I saw the a feud there was recreated

did you just plaster the "my little buckaroo" BR opening?
Yes, because I hadn't had the 1938 reissued opening title card. Maybe soon, I'll do the correct version of this opening title card.

And I decided to upload the 4/3 versions of restored cartoons from Superstars DVDs with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

Yes, because I hadn't had the 1938 reissued opening title card. Maybe soon, I'll do the correct version of this opening title card.

And I decided to upload the 4/3 versions of restored cartoons from Superstars DVDs with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
cool thanks

because when I saw the WB shield it was the 1943 version and It had to be my little buckaroo because that's the earliest surviving reissue

you should do old glory with recreated reissue titles you can get the opening rings from I'm a big shot now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

@Gatordragon - even if it ain't my thing, you gotta admire it for having the amount of balls it does to be all vulgar, violent, and educational at the same time. Plus, it's not talking down to you like you're a baby, which is definitely how to do things right and marketing yourself to more than one audience. In short, it could use more seasons for those who actually enjoyed it, honestly.
If you like the Original Grinch animated special and have TBS it's on twice tonight (the 17th) at 7pmet and 8:30pm et
Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday is tomorrow!
I'm rewatching Justice League and I'm sort of weird ed out how old Superman looked in the earlier seasons
Yeah... I just watched the end of Peepoodo... And I wish I hadn't. If I'm considered a wuss for liking Milo Murphy's Law. Big City Greens, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Craig of the Creek, Hilda, Harvey Beaks, Harvey Street Kids and even The Loud House - not to mention LPS (2012, 2018) SO MUCH MORE because at least those shows have some constraint to not be this gross - then I could care less what you think of me.