Looney Tunes - Talkback (Special Event: Marathon on 1/1/10)

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Oh hell, here's "Show Biz Bugs". Brace yourselves, if it's the same copy they showed on the New Years' marathon, we're in for a heartbreaking dose of censorship. :mad:

Kevin

Ahaha! Bug and Daffy trying to outdo each other in Showbiz Bugs. It's funny how Bugs always got that applause.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
(its a shame Daffy is so jealous or his pal bugs.)

I always thought Bugs and Daffy were really friends. The "rivalry" was the invention of Jack Warner, he probably had Bugs and Daffy do those films in order to keep their jobs.

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
I haven't seen most these cartoons in years, and I still remember a lot of them line for line.

Have they aired any of the Bugs vs the Turtle cartoons yet, (the rare cartoons in which Bugs is the antagonist)?

Have they aired Bugs and the Three Bears cartoons?

No, none of the Cecil Turtle races, but "Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears" was the first cartoon to air today.

CrazyChase

isn't crazy, just confused
i-called-it-thumb-350x264-265.jpg

chdr

A lot of you guys are missing the forest for the trees. It doesn't matter what print they use, or whether or not one joke is censored.

What does matter is that these shorts are in the mainstream again and are being exposed to a new generation.

MasterofRoku

Ahh, Showbiz Bugs makes me think of what Squidward would've done to Spongebob in that talent episode.

CrazyChase

isn't crazy, just confused
Anywho, "Back Alley Uproar" is on.

Trivia: The title cards were found. They're on the second Golden Collection.

PF9

Hey......that's not how that cartoon ends!

When will CN learn their lesson

PS the dubbed version of BAO really does look like it is set at night in some scenes (but only due to color fading)

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
Hey, the majority of this stuff is good. Just thank your lucky stars that there's no Daffy/Speedy shorts!
Well, I kind of wish that MGM Cartoons(No Tom and Jerry shorts) got some love. I liked them more than Warner Bros. shorts.

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Well, I kind of wish that MGM Cartoons(No Tom and Jerry shorts) got some love. I liked them more than Warner Bros. shorts.

They do on Boomerang...but I agree. They should at least mix them in with Tom and Jerry. The lack of Tex Avery on CN is just as depressing as the lack of Looney Tunes. Oh well...baby steps folks. Baaaby steps.

PF9

they played one of the Popeye themes...in a WB cartoon nonetheless (notwithstanding the fact that WB owns the Popeye series now)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts